• Yes, the Aussies are Gay Boys

Votes: 44 88.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Course we f***ing will.

Loving the Yes answer though, the Aussies are indeed a bunch of gay boys.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
BLOODY HOPE SO!

Can't wait although to be honest it could go either way. On the poistive (or negative for poor Darwin of the Aussie team who had a really bad injury on yesterday) they have lost two of their front row and we should be able to overpower them on the scrum. I won't be expecting a pretty freeflowing game but we could sneak it, and I would absolutely bloody love it if we beat the Aussies in their own backyard, again!!:drink: :drink: :drink:

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
when england win, im gonna party like its 2003!

:mexican: :dance: :mexican: :dance: :mexican: :mexican: :dance: :mexican: :cheers: :cheers: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep::dance: :dance: :mexican: :dance: :safeway :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :dance: :dance: :dance:

p.s. Bozza- Sorry for the overuse of the smilies, but i thought they were necessary!:clap2:

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

England looked back to their best yesterday. The discipline was awesome, and the French looked beaten well before the final whistle.

To the people who say England would be nothing without Jonny, I say two things. Firstly, we have got Jonny so who cares. Secondly, it wasn't just Jonny who prevented the French from scoring a point in the whole of the second half.

A lot of Australians believe they played their final against the All Black's - they won't be able to repeat it. I agree. This is there for the English to take.

One more thing to WA Seagull - the reason we didn't score a try was because the rain & wind were awful, so we took any opportunity to score points. France did the same. You can't compare our game to the one the night before. I spent Saturday on the beach enjoying 32 degree temperatures, and Sunday I spent the day fighting dog-sized spiders in my flat as they decided to use my flat as an umbrella

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I hope Australia get 15 points - 3 unconverted tries. I hope England get 30 points - all penalties and drop goals. Can you imagine the whining, the carping, the whinging and the moaning? It will be brilliant! They've been moaning about Bodyline bowling for 70 odd years, that will be nothing compared to this: "Bloody English bloody kicking bloody kick bloody bloody no good kicking bloody kicking bloody unfair 16 players bloody kicking poms bloody ...."

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
England have been playing better rugby than Australia.

Australia have put in a few mediocre performances. But then that shocking upset over the All Blacks came out of no where.

While England (like New Zealand before the semi-final) look better on paper, the Wallabies seem to be able to come good when it matters.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
wa seagull said:
he did a great job scoring tries today against france

With our forward line and fly half, we don't need to score tries to win matches. Our forwards carry the ball superbly and set up JW with chance after chance for drop goals or by drawing penalties. If you can adopt a policy of keeping the scoreboard ticking over, then you use it - look at France, scoring tries for fun all tournament, but barely got out of their half after the 10th minute.

And yet, we do have some class backs - Robinson is case in point. I do think we're a better side than you, but you're at home and your forwards have done the business at times this tournament. It's set up nicely.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Although I'm a Welsh supporter, there's nothing more I like seeing than Australians well-beaten. Im going to love it on Saturday when the Aussies are crying into their Fosters.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The big thing about Saturday is going to be keeping Gregans mouth shut so he can't influence the ref.

I reckon Robinson and Cohen are gonna have massice games and the forwards looked great against the French.

Even the French try looked decidedly dodgy, we could have beaten them to nil.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
perth seagull said:
the Wallabies seem to be able to come good when it matters.

Over the last two years that is also true of England.

For the 1st time I can remember, I care more about the result of another game than the Albion's next week. I would happily trade an England win for an Albion defeat. It means that much, to stuff it down the Aussies in their own backyard will be awesome.

4 year's bragging rights as well!

Last edited:

larus

One think to rememeber, Perth Seagull, winning is a habit, and this is a habit that this English team have. Agreed, not every game has been free flowing rugby, but that's what turns a good team into a great team. In 5 - 10 years time, people will look back and talk about the great world-beating team led by Martin Johnson. That's the thing about the past, it's always easier to acknowledge greatness as it has been accepted, and doesn't impact on today.

Look at our results.
We have played 36 games since the start of 2001. During this time, we have lost to France twice (once in the build up to the W/C, by 1 point with virtually a 2nd XV playing), and once to Ireland.

We have beaten the Aussies twice at home and once away.
We have beaten SA twice at home and once away.
We have beaten NZ once at home and once away.

This team go out there with the belief that they will win. Is that arrogance or is it confidence?

How many of your players will have played in a team that has beaten the English?

Yes, you may win, but it will be metally more difficult for your players. Also, they may have had their final hurrah by beating NZ.
:clap2: :clap2:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
larus said:
One think to rememeber, Perth Seagull, winning is a habit, and this is a habit that this English team have. Agreed, not every game has been free flowing rugby, but that's what turns a good team into a great team. In 5 - 10 years time, people will look back and talk about the great world-beating team led by Martin Johnson. That's the thing about the past, it's always easier to acknowledge greatness as it has been accepted, and doesn't impact on today.

Look at our results.
We have played 36 games since the start of 2001. During this time, we have lost to France twice (once in the build up to the W/C, by 1 point with virtually a 2nd XV playing), and once to Ireland.

We have beaten the Aussies twice at home and once away.
We have beaten SA twice at home and once away.
We have beaten NZ once at home and once away.

This team go out there with the belief that they will win. Is that arrogance or is it confidence?

How many of your players will have played in a team that has beaten the English?

Yes, you may win, but it will be metally more difficult for your players. Also, they may have had their final hurrah by beating NZ.
:clap2: :clap2:

I put money down on the Kiwis to beat the Wallabies. They absolutely humiliated Australia on home soil not so long ago in the Tri-Nations. And they had powered their way to the semi-final, while Australia limped through one unconvincing performance after another. They were firm favourites to go through. But come semi-final time, NZ, for whatever reason, just didn't show up. Australia outplayed them, and the All Blacks choked big time. I don't know where they pulled that performance from, but all of a sudden Australia upset a previously invincible team in the southern hemisphere. Going in to the final, it's the exact same story with England. They've got a great recent record, but what if the Wallabies pull another rabbit out of the hat?

That said, England play a more strategic and professional game than anyone else. I think Wilko's goals could be the difference between England and the opposition again.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
..... Be interesting watching at the Bracknell's as well!

Who will you be supporting Roz? :D :D :D

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Totally agree on that Perth, Wilkinson was superb last night, and each drop goal he scored was almost as good as a try.

If we can impose our style of play and let the forwards grind the Aussies into the dirt, then God will do the rest!

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
perth seagull said:
I put money down on the Kiwis to beat the Wallabies. They absolutely humiliated Australia on home soil not so long ago in the Tri-Nations. And they had powered their way to the semi-final, while Australia limped through one unconvincing performance after another. They were firm favourites to go through. But come semi-final time, NZ, for whatever reason, just didn't show up. Australia outplayed them, and the All Blacks choked big time. I don't know where they pulled that performance from, but all of a sudden Australia upset a previously invincible team in the southern hemisphere. Going in to the final, it's the exact same story with England. They've got a great recent record, but what if the Wallabies pull another rabbit out of the hat?

That said, England play a more strategic and professional game than anyone else. I think Wilko's goals could be the difference between England and the opposition again.

No-one said that NZ were invincible - they just didn't come up against a good pack like Australia during the tournament. Wales played well but the AB's always had enough to beat them. Australia's forwards were just awesome and showed that you can have all the best backs in the world but if you don't have it up front (which NZ clearly don't) then you won't win anything.

Will be different against England - I beleive England will have the edge in the forwards and therefore be able to dictate terms a bit more. Also, England won't be frustrated by Aussie's possession which NZ were. Australia are still the best at controlling possession but if England are organised, I don't think they have enought to beat us.

Should be great though - part of me wants us to win with no tries and the other part wants me to win in style with a few tries. I'll settle for any sort of win.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can someone also point out to WA that Robinson was on his way to the tryline when that dirty French fucker made the sort of tackle Charlie would have thought twice about?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Fancy another bet on this one Sam? :D

Probably not though, as I agree - we're going to win this one.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
A small way to annoy - the Aussies - go to the attached link on the Sydney Morning Herald and point out the English were scintilating rather than dull, dull, dull.

http://smh.com.au/polls/sport/form.html

Read the couple of articles as well to really fire yourself up about the Aussies.

Guiness Boy - not sure about that - there appeared to be a bit of cover defence. Was really bad though. Rugby heads would claim that sort of behaviour is saved for the football field rather than the rugby field. Not so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports