Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruth Kelly

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How is this scary religious zealot in such a position of power?

As Education Secretary her Opus Dei beliefs were widely thought to impair her judgment on what was best for the majority of kids.

And as Equality minister, the easiest question in the world to answer should be 'Is homosexuality a sin?' That would be a no, presumably. But she couldn't, and will never, answer that question as she thinks it's 'yes'.

She's clearly entitled to her private beliefs but if they are that offensive to many people she has no place in a leading role in government and public office.

I think she's a total liability and should be canned instantly.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is one of those awkward questions that gets posed. You can't lie, but her silence will be just a damning as to admitting what she believes.

Homosexuality a sin??!! It is a part of life.

Can her!!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
All of those New Labour Sheep are a liability.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
It's that weirdly androgynous, far too deep for a woman, bit camp for a bloke voice that always gets me. That woman just isn't quite human. And when you know she has an Opus Dei barbed garter ripping into her thigh for two hours a day, she then enters fruitcake territory.

If she can believe in all that kind of stuff, what else can she believe - that the stadium site really is of Outstanding Natural Beauty? That there really are plenty of Other Sites? That Dick Knight is the Antichrist?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Tooting Gull said:

I misread this and thought you said she should be caned instantly.

I thought I'd uncovered the weirdest NSC sexual obsession since Gunter's desire for The Cheeky Girls.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Ruth Kelly

Gwylan said:
I misread this and thought you said she should be caned instantly.

I thought I'd uncovered the weirdest NSC sexual obsession since Gunter's desire for The Cheeky Girls.

:lolol:

That's an image I worryingly now can't get out of my head.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Ruth Kelly scares the living daylights out of me. The voice, The look, in fact almost everything about her.

If you want my opinion I think that she is an Alien masquerading as a Human being, bent on world domination.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hannibal smith said:
Ruth Kelly scares the living daylights out of me. The voice, The look, in fact almost everything about her.

If you want my opinion I think that she is an Alien masquerading as a Human being, bent on world domination.

Maybe she's the woman that can finally prove all David Icke's reptilian theories.

Dandyman

In London village.
Tooting Gull said:

As Education Secretary her Opus Dei beliefs were widely thought to impair her judgment on what was best for the majority of kids.

And as Equality minister, the easiest question in the world to answer should be 'Is homosexuality a sin?' That would be a no, presumably. But she couldn't, and will never, answer that question as she thinks it's 'yes'.

She's clearly entitled to her private beliefs but if they are that offensive to many people she has no place in a leading role in government and public office.

Barking mad, IMO. BURN HER.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The problem with politicians is they never say what they actually feel for fear of being left out in the cold.

Now what would be a real sin, is us not getting Falmer

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Graham Kelly, Lorraine Kelly, Matthew Kelly, Henry Kelly and now Ruth Kelly.

How can you take anyone seriously with that surname? She needs a catchphrase, and fast.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Re: Re: Ruth Kelly

Dandyman said:
Barking mad, IMO. BURN HER.

Not before she says yes to Falmer!!! :jester:

Dandyman

In London village.
Re: Re: Re: Ruth Kelly

Downloaded Penguin said:
Not before she says yes to Falmer!!! :jester:

Fair point. Give us Falmer, you fascistic bead juggling weirdo witch then BURN HER.

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
Tooting Gull said:

Shes my cousins step cousins husbands ex wife

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
She is also apparently now in trouble for saying people should stop being nimbys. Admittedly this was said in the context of housing rather than football stadia; but its a start!

Any way seeing as how Yvette Cooper was responsible for the decision last time and she hasn't moved in the reshuffle; I suspect Ruth Kelly will leave it up to her; because as Sec. of State she'll have bigger fish to fry (especially on Fridays, boom-boom!).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here