Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian jet shot down ,WW3 about to begin ?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Hmm, I'm not convinced I'm afraid. Unless this rumour is about natgas rather than oil, of which Qatar has a lot and which Russia supplies heavily into Europe.

Maybe it is a potential gas pipeline rather than oil, I forget, it was a while back that this was mooted.

Russia doesn't supply much oil to the EU, but it does currently supply around half our gas.

Qatar's gas will come to Europe via sea aboard LNG carriers, not via pipeline. The biggest threat to Russia's position as preferred supplier will come from Azerbaijan's gas in the Shah Deniz field in the Caspian Sea. That is scheduled to come to the EU across Turkey via the Trans-Anatolian Pipeline (TANAP), which will link up with the proposed Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP), forming what will be known as the Southern Gas Corridor.

Yeah, I know. I'm boring myself as well...

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Well on a more positive note and something I cannot see reported anywhere else, my Mum has just announced that 'at least both pilots ejaculated' .........................

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Well on a more positive note and something I cannot see reported anywhere else, my Mum has just announced that 'at least both pilots ejaculated' .........................

Russian Special Forces have been sent in to clean up...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Russia has now demanded that Turkey move its borders away from their military.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Putin has been clear from Day 1 - he's against regime change in the Middle East. He was right about Iraq. He was right about Libya. He's been proved right in Syria. It's funny how Putin is being painted as this war-mongering mental case, when he's been anti-war for years & the West have gone ahead anyway. You're right - his aim is to keep Assad in power, and I'm sure oil plays a part. However, he also says that having a strong state is needed to combat ISIS in Syria. And he's right. Funny how the West are now suggesting that removing Assad isn't the main end-game now.

Say what you like about Putin, but he's been mainly right in the Middle-East. The West should be supporting his position after we've made such a mess in the last decade. FFS, we even decided it would be a good idea to arm "moderate rebels" in Syria, when it was blatantly obvious extremists would take those weapons given half a chance.

Exacty, and in bold even more exactly. We keep going on about boots on the ground being a must to defeat ISIS, but the Syrian army have 125,000 boots on the ground. To take out Assad the state institutions will collapse, the troops will retreat and desert leaving all their military for ISIS and rebel Sunni groups to fight over or merge and who will take revenge on the Alawite's, Shia's, Christian's, Kurd's and other minority people.

Some idiots seem to believe that to take Assad and the Syrian regime out that peace and harmony will instantly win the day. Foolish and dangerous thoughts.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Like the USA have a good record for deciding who the bad guys actually are.

Turkey are only part of Nato because they see them as a buffer between the west and middle east, which in my opinion is a big mistake because when the chips are actually placed on the table I think you will find Turkey does not see it's self as western.

The Turkish Military (the Kemalists) will always lean more towards the west because of its founders secular vision. They have no love for anything much tied to Islam. And the military in Turkey are a powerful force still in politics there.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Russia : Plane shot down from ground.

Turkey : Plane shot down by Turkish F16s after being given 10 warnings.

Russia now agreeing plane shot down by Turkish F16s.

However, saying it was done inside Syria.

This is crucial, and the actual truth will clarify where the fault lies.

I expect that the actual satellite data that the Americans will have will influence where we go from here.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Looks like both airmen are dead according to sky news.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Putin won't make too much of a big deal of it. He's still got the blood stains of Russian assistance in bringing down the passenger plane in the Ukraine on his hands.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Putin won't make too much of a big deal of it. He's still got the blood stains of Russian assistance in bringing down the passenger plane in the Ukraine on his hands.

You should share this evidence you have seen which implicates Putin in MH17 being downed.

Unless you haven't seen any evidence, in which case you should probably not say such inflammatory and baseless things.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Turkey is a NATO member and has shot down a Russian plane. Has a precedent now been set for any NATO member to shoot down non-NATO planes that violate our airspace?

Only 2 months ago two Russian planes strayed into the UK's "area of interest" which, I understand, is the space adjacent to UK airspace.

The fact that Putin allowed this Turkish incident to happen shows a terrible error of judgement on his part. Some commentators suggest he has played a blinder in the Middle East but I think the opposite is the case. He's let his man Assad go too far with his genocide, then they didn't intervene quickly enough to protect him, they've underestimated the threat of ISIS AND lost a plane in the Sinai and anti-Assad forces hold land and weapons only a few miles from the Russian naval base in Syria. Now they are playing catch-up, bombing civilian areas of Syria and pissing around in Turkish airspace.

This would never have happened under Brezhnev.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here