Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian cowards

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
English football hooligans known to the police are banned from travelling to these events. They have to hand in their passports and report to the police station at specific dates/times. What you saw last night were russian hooligans charging at english football fans that were just there to watch some football...
Exactly. But for some reason the poster you quote seems to find innocent people being attacked as funny.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
English football hooligans known to the police are banned from travelling to these events. They have to hand in their passports and report to the police station at specific dates/times. What you saw last night were russian hooligans charging at english football fans that were just there to watch some football...

Only convicted English football hooligans. Even some of them still get out there. There are plenty of other lads that have not been captured so aren't banned from travelling.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Still in Marseille and just witnessed Russians dressed in Northern Ireland shirts trying to start on English...

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Still in Marseille and just witnessed Russians dressed in Northern Ireland shirts trying to start on English...
Germans and Ukrainians at it this afternoon.... cctv quite obviously showing a town centre in Lille.. no police and French announce NO arrests at all..... interestingly no tear gas either... seems only English drinkers demand TG.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

This is a worrying escalation....I wonder how these Russians have come up with all these clever ploys to bait and get at the English ? is it just us or will they try this sort of thing on with other nations fans ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is a worrying escalation....I wonder how these Russians have come up with all these clever ploys to bait and get at the English ? is it just us or will they try this sort of thing on with other nations fans ?

Yep. Just witnessed with my eyes outside Le David near the fan zone.

It's expected Russia, England & Wales fans will all be together in Lille this week so interesting to see what happens.

To be fair, with their crap dress sense, haircuts and general demeanour won't be hard to recognise them.

Hard to feel for the Russian fan I saw having the shit kicked out of him in the Metro station last night with tactics like this

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yep. Just witnessed with my eyes outside Le David near the fan zone.

It's expected Russia, England & Wales fans will all be together in Lille this week so interesting to see what happens.

To be fair, with their crap dress sense, haircuts and general demeanour won't be hard to recognise

Thats a bit harsh on the welsh .

East London Exile

Jan 13, 2013
London
We've been out here. There's probably 2 or 3 different elements to this.

English have been playing up a bit yes, but the police are doing nothing except fire baton rounds and throw tear gas. They don't seem interested in arresting anyone, their tactics are just to fire some tear gas, break up angry crowd who get angrier and move on. 6 arrests for the whole day prove this and it's piss poor, antagonistic policing.

Then there is the Russia thing. We were in the square a few roads back from the port, very peaceful, singing etc. There was about 20 police there at a distant but seemingly were called down into the port. Once there was no police in the square about 10mins later a good couple of hundred of Russians came flying down side streets. Throwing tables, chairs, bottles on unsuspecting England fans. We are talking largely shirters rather than any English 'lads' and just battered anyone in the way, including women.

This then escalated and moved back down into the port which was mayhem. They had clearly planned it very carefully for maximum carnage. Never seen anything like it when they stormed the square.

They talk about the French dealing with ISIS but if they can't stop a couple of hundred Russian lads what hope have we got !

Just got to reading this thread so rather late with my comments. I don't know if it has been reported elsewhere, but there was an interesting comment yesterday on the radio 4 Today programme by a British police officer on the policing methods. He said that as the French Police carry firearms they do not get close in to groups so respond by firing teargas etc. whereas to British Police get in close and manage crowds by shoving and pulling out the troublemakers. This probably explains the low number of arrests.

By just dispersing crowds and not dealing with the main perpetrators unfortunately I doubt we will see much change until it is time for everyone to go home.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are you taking the piss? Dress like a French local (string of onions I believe) and video those ****ers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just got to reading this thread so rather late with my comments. I don't know if it has been reported elsewhere, but there was an interesting comment yesterday on the radio 4 Today programme by a British police officer on the policing methods. He said that as the French Police carry firearms they do not get close in to groups so respond by firing teargas etc. whereas to British Police get in close and manage crowds by shoving and pulling out the troublemakers.

dont know if the firearms is the reason, but you see it all over the world how police/militia deal with crowds is quite different to our method of riot teams up in the perpetrators faces, and snatch squads to pull out leaders. i recall some recent trouble in London when there were hundred of public/journalists (probably 3-4 times more than actual protestors), including obvious tourists, and in response to some aggrevation a handful of officers went in, grabed a fella, and away. no bystanders bothered. abroad its all tear gas, baton charges or even shooting.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No wonder the Russians went on a hardcore training camp after seeing how the ENGLISH train!

Did they also have the rolled up Sun newspaper as well? :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No wonder the Russians went on a hardcore training camp after seeing how the ENGLISH train!

Did they also have the rolled up Sun newspaper as well? :lolol:

Still a classic !

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The French old bill are just waiting for any excuse to wade in against that small anti-social bunch of idiots that parade around behind the England team, dragging their knuckles.

What was different here is that the Russians came along for the party; organised, trained, mob-handed and ready to thump the English. Right now there is a massive nationalistic fervour in Russia and they are looking for a ruck and to prove their machismo any chance they can. What's worse is, that rather than condemn the violence, the Russian media rejoice in it and the political system makes approving nods to these "heroes" of the motherland.

You didn't need to be Nostradamus to foresee this perfect storm of trouble brewing and it's shocking that the French police and UEFA did not do more to prevent and contain any flashpoints.

could add to your observation that it starts from the top with the Russians.......most of them will have a degree of military training either official or para and i'm sure Putin will be privately jerking off over his young hardmen giving the English piss heads a good seeing to.....

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
could add to your observation that it starts from the top with the Russians.......most of them will have a degree of military training either official or para and i'm sure Putin will be privately jerking off over his young hardmen giving the English piss heads a good seeing to.....

Spot on.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
There were comments on one radio report I heard ( 5live I think)... where the suggestion was that Putin paid the travel and ticket costs for several hard-core groups to attend Russian games on large numbers..... machismo and nationalism. .. and yes, a lot of them are current military personnel... fit, trained and ready to unleash violence ... drugs is also in the picture... where with the Brits it's just drink fuelled bravado in the first instance... closely followed by self preservation once they realised they had bitten off more than they could chew.

A former colleague of mine who is out there, says that the English fans eventually all gathered in one place simply to defend in numbers... he said it was like ZULU... without Michael Caine

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very possible that this comes from the very top in Russia.

Add to that that the World Cup in 2018 will be the most fixed ever and Russia will win it.

We need to consider a boycott.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here