Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

Apr 9, 2020
Early reports coming out that the Freedom For Russia Legion have launched another incursion into Belgorod region around Terebreno and Starosel'e

Also that a transport aircraft allegedly carrying Wagner ops has crashed on landing in Mali

Clearly there's no Russian translation for "go around "

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Russian air defences shoot down their own top fighter jet:

History shows that the Russian authorities have a complete disregard for human life, including their own citizens, so I’m not sure they’ll be too bothered about this - other than it looks a bit embarrassing for them (again).

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
History shows that the Russian authorities have a complete disregard for human life, including their own citizens, so I’m not sure they’ll be too bothered about this - other than it looks a bit embarrassing for them (again).
They will deny, although Russian bloggers have confirmed.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Early reports coming out that the Freedom For Russia Legion have launched another incursion into Belgorod region around Terebreno and Starosel'e

Also that a transport aircraft allegedly carrying Wagner ops has crashed on landing in Mali

Odd...looked like a safe landing at first 🤔

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Left of Neo-Nazi, Robert Fico got in today in Slovakia. Ukrainian support stopped immediately.
Serbian forces massing on Kosovo border. Poland dithering with election looming. Romania dithering.
Hungary and Belarus already pro Putin.
I find that very worrying.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Left of Neo-Nazi, Robert Fico got in today in Slovakia. Ukrainian support stopped immediately.
Serbian forces massing on Kosovo border. Poland dithering with election looming. Romania dithering.
Has he already built his coalition with the other parties yet ? Quick work if so.

Serbia would be insane to take on NATO in Kosovo. But you never can tell.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Much of the political right across the western world is in thrall to the Kremlin, it’s a scandal which too many have ignored for too long

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I also came across this article this morning.

'Russia-Ukraine war live: ‘Agreement signed’ for naval base in Abkhazia'

Is this a tacit admission that Sevastopol is no longer tenable as the main Russian naval base in the Black Sea?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Is this a tacit admission that Sevastopol is no longer tenable as the main Russian naval base in the Black Sea?
Could well be. I've been reading/ podcasts that a number of cargo ships have successfully taken Ukrainian grain through the Black Sea (staying close to the coast) as Russia's ability to threaten them has been severely reduced by the attacks on Sevastopol and Crimea in general. Apparently insurers have also been forthcoming for these ships.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Hope they manage to sink a few before they retreat to their new base then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here