[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Replace Prigozhin with Putin, and would you believe Putin had died in that crash?
No? So why would you accept Russian news that Prigozhin has died?

This could be a dress rehearsal for the main event, to be filmed and confirmed on a Russian state TV station near you shortly.
Yeah...much as we'd enjoy such news, we must remember these are announcements from Russia

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I thought about the Prigozhin faking death theory.

But there are problems with it

1. He's recognisable, even with plastic surgery, it's going to be hard for him to stay hidden
  2. Would the others on board, including the pilot not have smelt a rat?
  3. Why would Putin entertain doing a complicated disappearance act for Prig and not just kill him? I suppose it could have been engineered by Prig, but it will be hard to pull the wool over Putins eyes. It's on Russian soil, so they will have access to black box, DNA, dental records etc

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thought about the Prigozhin faking death theory.

But there are problems with it

1. He's recognisable, even with plastic surgery, it's going to be hard for him to stay hidden
  2. Would the others on board, including the pilot not have smelt a rat?
  3. Why would Putin entertain doing a complicated disappearance act for Prig and not just kill him? I suppose it could have been engineered by Prig, but it will be hard to pull the wool over Putins eyes. It's on Russian soil, so they will have access to black box, DNA, dental records etc
In addition, in history, the Russian leaders lie about almost everything.

If they covered up Prig’s death and then he reappeared to tell the world all about it, it could spell the end for Putin. Better to just murder the evil ****er.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
USSR in Afghanistan was a total failure.
Yes. But so was the USA alliance in trying to install a pro western government. I was just making the point that the USSR were able to control the country longer.
As it turned out, it probably helped to break up the Soviet Union sooner. Afghanistan has been a grave stone for Empires, including the British at the hight of its power.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Very true but he may not have been on that plane.
Obviously I don't know if he was on that plane, i.e. alive or dead, but the fact that Russian news released the info that he was 'on the passenger list', is (for me anyway), a strong indication that he wasn't on the plane.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm surprised he didn't move somewhere a long way from Russia. I thought the same with Saddam and Gadaffi when it was obvious what the ending would be.
The other 9 people onboard, I would have decided not to take that flight.
Dimitry Utkin was on board too, the former security services neo nazi whose call sign is Wagner, and where name comes from. Utkin was the Wagner military commander.

Putin has tried to totally decapitate Wagner, its leader and military commander in one hit.

Just waiting for him to blame the West and operation complete.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Yes. But so was the USA alliance in trying to install a pro western government. I was just making the point that the USSR were able to control the country longer.
As it turned out, it probably helped to break up the Soviet Union sooner. Afghanistan has been a grave stone for Empires, including the British at the hight of its power.
I'd stop now whilst you're still only a little behind, your appraisals of the Soviet and US Alliance experiences in Afghanistan are laughable and factually moronic. Stick to something a bit simpler like Love Island or similar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports