Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yep, claim and counter-claim…….who to believe :shrug:

or time delay, both could be true. BBC tends behind the time, feeds on the web tend to be fresh info. been a feature of this war seeing the difference and lag between traditional media and internet media.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sadly we are all going to have muddle through without any further geo-political insight offered by Pork Pie

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Christ, could you actually imagine if Trump was still in charge in this situation :eek:

I think we gathered all we needed to know when his default reaction was to praise him immediately after the invasion. He changed his tune when he realised the mood music but the first reactions I usually find to be the most revealing in these situations.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
On 'the field' you need folk whose hearts lead their heads, but in this situation, right now, we need folk who let their heads rule their hearts, however unpalatable as that may seem.
The world is (possibly) at stake.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nice idea, but not really viable. Missions are routinely recorded like dashcam footage for post-mission debrief. If he dropped his payload in a field and / or ejected, writing off a $15-$20m warplane in the process, then the pilot would likely be spending his forseeable future in a Siberian labour camp.

At best.
I wasn't suggesting he'd get away with it, I was suggesting as a method of leaving the Russian army, if he didn't fancy bombing civilians.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How does the world arrive at the scenario that Putin apologies, says "about turn" and promises not to do it again and then doesn't?

I can't see it. The only solution involves a woodchipper.
He can't reverse the deaths - sorry doesn't really cover that - but I suppose he can also pay for all the damage to be rebuilt ?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
He can't reverse the deaths - sorry doesn't really cover that - but I suppose he can also pay for all the damage to be rebuilt ?

That won't happen, either.
In my (probable) stupid opinion, should this end, 'relatively' peacefully - and soon - I think the whole of the West should help them rebuild. All of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here