Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but is the tide beginning to turn?

I think back to a good week ago, and I thought 'when I wake up tomorrow, Kyiv will have fallen'. But it didn't happen. That was a week ago. It still could of course.

Then there are the sackings, of generals, of FSB chiefs. The reports of generals being killed in action, because they are on the front line, frustrated at the lack of progress.
Then there are various reports indicating all is not well in the Kremlin. The clampdown on dissent. The threats by the Russians of how they are going to attack weapons convoys. That means the weapons convoys are hurting them.

Meanwhile, sanctions are piled on further. Biden announces a further $200 million to fund arms for Ukraine. Russia is isolated just a little bit more with Paypal and gaming vendors withdrawing. Every little helps.

Just a few observations.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone heard from Sleepy Joe? This is all down to him. Totally out of his depth.
I'm assuming you have had a few refreshments and have posted on the wrong thread by mistake .....off you toddle.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but is the tide beginning to turn?

I think back to a good week ago, and I thought 'when I wake up tomorrow, Kyiv will have fallen'. But it didn't happen. That was a week ago. It still could of course.

Then there are the sackings, of generals, of FSB chiefs. The reports of generals being killed in action, because they are on the front line, frustrated at the lack of progress.
Then there are various reports indicating all is not well in the Kremlin. The clampdown on dissent. The threats by the Russians of how they are going to attack weapons convoys. That means the weapons convoys are hurting them.

Meanwhile, sanctions are piled on further. Biden announces a further $200 million to fund arms for Ukraine. Russia is isolated just a little bit more with Paypal and gaming vendors withdrawing. Every little helps.

Just a few observations.

Every day that goes by that makes it just a bit more difficult for that c*** Putin to pay for, or justify his head-case views.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A leader would make it clear where the red lines are. Following on from the mistakes in Syria from the last pinko in the Whitehouse

Oh I see, you’re just an idiot?

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
I see Chechnya and the Chechens mentioned in this thread now and again.
The first Chechen war was the first conflict I really remember watching on TV and even at the age of 9-10 I found it extremely repellent and ever since have taken a keen interest in the nation and its people (even did my politics degree dissertation on the subject)

There are obviously many comparisons one can make between whats occurring at the moment and the wars (especially the first one) in Chechnya.
I have a few contacts on the ground in Chechnya (and btw the VAST VAST majority of the populace absolutely hate Kadyrov and his clique) and have been helping getting videos translated from russian/chechen into English.

See below a short interview from 1995 with the ex-president of Chechnya; Dzhokhar Dudayev, himself an general in the Soviet airforce, predicting quite rightly the conflict between Russia and Ukraine and the manipulation of Western powers to get their own way.

(give the channel a subscribe aswell as more videos will be uploaded in due course)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here