[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Russia has underestimated Ukraine and its people's will to fight and die for the country.

This is going to be Russia's Vietnam.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully we dont join NATO as it is an act of aggression and I dont like war.

The Finnish people absolutely do not want to join NATO so it will be trouble on many levels if they do.

Problem is you guys have side stepped every conflict and been neutral for so long that you are a nailed on wishy washy nation in confrontational situations, as proved by your posts on this thread :wink:

You keep having your arses saved by other countries and have zero gratitude hence you shouldn’t even be in the conversation :smile:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A Ukrainian hero

[tweet]1497136374369116171[/tweet]
What incredible self sacrifice and heroism. You will never conquer and subdue a country that has such brave people. I just hope Putin sees this, quickly.

danielson81

Nov 16, 2010
Brighton, UK
Zelensky is still hanging in there.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has published a video from the streets of Kyiv after rumours in the Russian media that he had fled the capital.

"We are all here," he said, surrounded by key advisers and his prime minister.

"We are protecting our independence, our state. And we will continue to do so."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Really? :ohmy:

- How do you know if your underpants have been poisoned?
- Chernobyl fall out

He, or one of his chimps, poisoned Navalny's undercrackers with Novichok just before he went in to seizures on board an internal flight.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kyiv will fall but the Ukraine will not. This has guerrilla war written all over it and it will be long and unfortunately bloody.

The airport should have fallen within hours especially as helicopters and paratroopers were used. It has only just fallen. The fact that Russian state media claims that 200 Ukraine special forces died with no Russian losses is farcical in the extreme because that just doesn’t happen. If it did then the airport would have fallen by 10:00 on Thursday morning.
It all smacks very much of ‘****, it’s not going to plan’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup.

Early days but starting to think Putin has monumentally ****ed up here.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Just now 17.50pm on the BBC:

'We must stand ready to do more' - Stoltenberg
More now from Nato Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg, who is speaking from Nato headquarters in Brussels.

He says that the invasion has caused enormous suffering and argues that Western leaders must "stand ready to do more, even if it means we have to pay a price, because we are in this for the long haul".

He adds: "The world will hold Russia and Belarus accountable for their actions. Russia as the aggressor, Belarus as the enabler."

Mr Stoltenberg says that the "Kremlin's objectives are not limited to Ukraine" and notes that Russia has demanded legally binding agreements to halt further Nato expansion.'

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just now 17.50pm on the BBC:

'We must stand ready to do more' - Stoltenberg
More now from Nato Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg, who is speaking from Nato headquarters in Brussels.

He says that the invasion has caused enormous suffering and argues that Western leaders must "stand ready to do more, even if it means we have to pay a price, because we are in this for the long haul".

He adds: "The world will hold Russia and Belarus accountable for their actions. Russia as the aggressor, Belarus as the enabler."

Mr Stoltenberg says that the "Kremlin's objectives are not limited to Ukraine" and notes that Russia has demanded legally binding agreements to halt further Nato expansion.'
Good stuff.

Biden needs to ask Putin if he feels like a lucky punk.

I wonder if China would then have word with the Kremlin as it's their planet too.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Checking the Ukraine_ Defence site on Insta they seem to be taking out and capturing a few tanks and other armoured vehicles. If you do check the site there is graphic video so don't look if you are squeamish

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
what if it was/is legitimate in Russia? because we think they aquired some company or asset by some means we consider illegitimate, thats not to say that view applies in Russia. or even proves it was illegitmate by our standards. put another way, we've been happily trading with these companies for a few decades.

Yes, been people complaining about it for a few decades too, but money is money.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Theres only one soulution and thats to BRING BACK THE BIRCH and that will learn them Russians.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd be gutted if we lost Swanny. I don't always agree with it, but I do find his opinion on many things interesting and appreciate a different perspective

Absolutely this….…..wouldn’t be anywhere near the top in a ‘poster you’d miss the least’ list in my book. Encyclopaedic knowledge of European football and tactical sense more than compensates for some of the slightly more left field stuff.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Problem is you guys have side stepped every conflict and been neutral for so long that you are a nailed on wishy washy nation in confrontational situations, as proved by your posts on this thread :wink:

You keep having your arses saved by other countries and have zero gratitude hence you shouldn’t even be in the conversation :smile:

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Absolutely this….…..wouldn’t be anywhere near the top in a ‘poster you’d miss the least’ list in my book. Encyclopaedic knowledge of European football and tactical sense more than compensates for some of the slightly more left field stuff.

Plus, it seems, the latest news from down the rabbit hole.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So I’ve just heard that Russia have been thrown out of The Eurovision Song contest:.

It’s gone to a whole new level now…

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

We are like Switzerland in that regard. Neutral is a very nice way of putting it. We have a very powerful oligarch family, one of the most powerful on this planet, and they own our arms industry and has great connections in all directions. The main reason we are "neutral" is because we like to sell weapons etc to both sides of any war.

I have decided years ago that I will never vote in the Swedish elections again until some party raises the question of shutting down our sales of death and destruction.

That said, not so sure we have had our arses saved... very annoying country to occupy if anyone would want it. More importantly we would adapt nicely... if Germany had won the World War II we would have been great nazis... now, instead, we are great Americans. Sold our whole society to rich maggots.

All bit of a sidenote though.

NATO is a peace-keeping force not an imperialist neo-colonialist military alliance. :facepalm:
I suggest you read some books and get off the internet.

You can find pretty much any book online and any information anyone ever wrote in a book is also available online. Internet is the greatest collection of information in the history of mankind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports