[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
1688672917206.png

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Worthy cause and coverage of the war. If you can donate via his GoFund link on the page below, please do so.

Poor man is out of money but still risks his life to document and publicise Russians inhumanity.

Very brave Brit, over there and doing something to help Ukraine.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I’ve been in Amsterdam for the best part of a week. Haven’t watched TV. The Dutch always give the impression that they’re ‘right on’, yet I’ve see more Palestinian flags than Ukrainian ones. I honestly can’t understand it. I’ve only seen one small Ukrainian flag so far. It’s really disappointed me. In Prague a few months ago, loads of public buildings were adorned with Ukrainian flags.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
From a Guardian article:
Elsewhere, Rafael Grossi, the head of UN nuclear watchdog the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), said on Friday that it was “making progress” on inspecting several areas of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant in Ukraine, after claims it had been mined.
IAEA officials had been able to “complete the tours of the cooling ponds and other places”, Grossi said in Tokyo, and they had “not seen any indications of explosives or mines”, he said, although he added IAEA officials had not yet been able to visit the facility’s rooftops.
Ukraine’s military this week claimed “external objects similar to explosive devices” had been placed on the outer roof of the third and fourth reactors at the site.

Ukraine and Russia have accused each other of planning a provocation at the Russia-controlled site, raising alarm over the threat of radioactive disaster at Europe’s largest nuclear plant.
With Agence France-Presse and Reuters

papachris

I’ve been in Amsterdam for the best part of a week. Haven’t watched TV. The Dutch always give the impression that they’re ‘right on’, yet I’ve see more Palestinian flags than Ukrainian ones. I honestly can’t understand it. I’ve only seen one small Ukrainian flag so far. It’s really disappointed me. In Prague a few months ago, loads of public buildings were adorned with Ukrainian flags.
I live in Estonia 🇪🇪. You see our own national flag everywhere but also lots of Ukraine 🇺🇦 flags on all public buildings, theatres, shopping centres (digitally) etc

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I guess the further east you are - and therefore nearer to the front line- the more concerned you’ll be about the likelihood of threat to your own country. But still disappointed at the lack of visible support for Ukraine that you saw in Amsterdam

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You know that Israeli forces went into Jenin and blew shit up a few days ago, the biggest Israeli operation in the West Bank for 20 years? You would have seen more Palestinian flags in London last week too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports