Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Russell Martin, De Zerbi's eventual successor?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Think it's widely accepted that RDZ has been an upgrade on Potter so his return would be a backwards step. Just doesn't fit with our aspirations as a club.
I sincerely hope that RDZ stays for a long time. The premise of this thread is that he won't. My point is, if he were to leave, they could do a lot worse than reappoint Potter.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
I sincerely hope that RDZ stays for a long time. The premise of this thread is that he won't. My point is, if he were to leave, they could do a lot worse than reappoint Potter.
I'm with you here Poyningsgull...Potter of course would of had his style of play and let's be honest, it built the foundation of what RDZ has himself improved upon. RDZ will leave when he feels its right for him and him alone. Yes it felt like he shat all over us but if he hadn't we wouldn't of had the great 16months we've had and maybe more to come. Like Forrests mum said "life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get". Whose to say the next manager will get anymore out of our players. Potter will have learnt alot from the last 16months and I believe he will come back a stronger coach. I know this will not be a popular post but I for one would love to see it when the day finally comes that RDZ moves on with the clubs blessing.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
McKenna would be stupid to leave the unfinished project at Portman Road for that penniless project at Smellhurst Park.
Interesting he’s on our watchlist.
IMG_0531.jpeg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No no and no, we need a manager who has managed and has his team playing like Potter and RDZ. We are not a lower division team any longer and a couple of Liverpool rejects with zero experience of managing at any level will not cut it for me at all.
Liverpool rejects? Why the derogatory and disrespectful manner? Liverpool alumni, certainly, and also among the best footballers to grace the Albion, albeit in their final playing days.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Amazed anyone is mentioning potter. Could you imagine how underwhelmed the players would be from degrading from RDZ’s there are no ceilings here we have big targets back to “it is what it is” and “history lessons”. Never ever happening.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Liverpool rejects? Why the derogatory and disrespectful manner? Liverpool alumni, certainly, and also among the best footballers to grace the Albion, albeit in their final playing days.
NONE of those who managed us were any good at managing FACT.

Maybe be disrespectful but tell it like it is.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Someone with experience please not just a big name ex-player. Those are perfect for Assistant role though or for keeping an eye on if they get a L1 and down lead role for a few years.

Look at Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney to see you want a manager not a top player.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
None of what who managed us? - what are you wittering on about?
The theory is that because all three ex-Liverpool players that have managed us were not very successful we should avoid any other ex-Liverpool players for our manager.

It is obviously horse shit but I cannot tell if they are trying to be funny, simply trolling or genuinely think there is some sort of correlation between the two things.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The theory is that because all three ex-Liverpool players that have managed us were not very successful we should avoid any other ex-Liverpool players for our manager.

It is obviously horse shit but I cannot tell if they are trying to be funny, simply trolling or genuinely think there is some sort of correlation between the two things.
Three? Hyypia and Case - and who else?

Anyway, agree it was a stupid thing to post.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
remember NSC'ers saying precisely the same thing about Calde. Bruno, Nathan Jones, and Liam Rosenior,l none of which happened.

or Glenn Murray

But it has happened to Andy Whing. But most of you will start whinging that his club Solihull Moors doesn't count.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here