Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Russell Bishop GUILTY of 1986 Wild Park Murders.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Very sad but very well done with interviews from a number of coppers at the time. To a person you could tell their frustration and hurt when he was initially acquitted.

His partner at the time, Jenny Johnson has a lot to answer for.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Very sad but very well done with interviews from a number of coppers at the time. To a person you could tell their frustration and hurt when he was initially acquitted.

Totally agree. Quite clearly she should have been prosecuted either as an accessory or for perverting the course of justice. I wonder why she wasn't.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I wanted them to find her and ask questions, is she still around?
It was the only missing part of the jigsaw in a very good programme last night.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Did I hear correctly towards the end when the Detective who led the investigation actually named the girl who Bishop abducted in 1990?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Totally agree. Quite clearly she should have been prosecuted either as an accessory or for perverting the course of justice. I wonder why she wasn't.

I wanted them to find her and ask questions, is she still around?
It was the only missing part of the jigsaw in a very good programme last night.

There must be a reason why she wasn't prosecuted? Not only did she help create years of torment to the families but the sexual assault/attempted murder of a little girl in 1990.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There must be a reason why she wasn't prosecuted? Not only did she help create years of torment to the families but the sexual assault/attempted murder of a little girl in 1990.

Possibly fear, coercion or both?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Did I hear correctly towards the end when the Detective who led the investigation actually named the girl who Bishop abducted in 1990?

I thought that too. It surprised me greatly!!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Perhaps she gave permission for her name not to be edited out of the broadcast?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm not going mad then. Thought the poor girl would remain anonymous forever. Very strange.

Neither my wife or I heard it. I presume it was just a first name rather than full?

I rather assumed she’d have changed her name by now. Just hope she doesn’t still have nightmares. It’s hard to imagine how anyone could deal with what she went through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here