Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Russ “Hardest Geezer” Cook

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
There isn’t a thread for this chap but f*ck me he deserves one. Russ is an endurance athlete from Worthing. Some of his achievements including being the first person to run from Asia to London and the record for the fastest marathon whilst pulling a car.

A few months ago he went to start his biggest challenge ever; running from the most northern point of Africa to the most southern point. Unfortunately his Algerian visa was turned down… so he’s transported all his stuff to South Africa and is now running the reverse route instead.

Legend. Less than 8000 Twitter followers and less than 12,000 YouTube subscribers. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for the mental bastard - legend.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Little update and a bounce.

Russ has reached the South Africa/Namibia border. Unfortunately his teams van has a smashed windscreen which meant they couldn’t cross until it’s fixed. So as it’s just a barren desert with no phone signal he’s waiting to nightfall to walk as far as possible rather than take a full day off.

He’s gone from 6k Twitter followers when he started to 71k now. If you’re not on board then now’s the time.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
And get on his Strava, the maps are impressive

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
And get on his Strava, the maps are impressive

I know a lad who has met Russ a few times in Worthing on nights out etc and doesn’t get on with him. At one point when I was singing his praises on Twitter he messaged me to claim he wasn’t even really in Africa.

Safe to say his Strava paints a slightly different picture and that theory was put to bed quite quickly. :lolol:

The bloke is an absolute lunatic but fair play, even if it’s only little changes he’s definitely had an impact on my outlook on life when I can’t be bothered to reach 10k steps or whatever target I’ve set myself. Anyone else in the world and there isn’t a chance I think the complete the challenge. HardestGeezer? Unless he dies he’s making it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Known him since he was a kid, he once asked to borrow a coffin off me so he could be buried alive for another challenge (but we talked him out of it on that occasion ), he’s a lovely lad and a real character, I hope his achievements get him the recognition he deserves 👍

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Now following. That's some effort and some list of achievements already!

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He’s only run 195 miles this week. I’m out
I used to think I’d done well to make 40 miles a week when I was at peak fitness and training for ONE marathon. I didn’t even piss my own blood.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

7F8330B0-0F79-45BD-8834-E24C7886BB16.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Nigel’s as classy as ever 🤣

Assume he’s BHA then 👍🙏

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The Nigel’s as classy as ever 🤣

Assume he’s BHA then 👍🙏
Worthing born and bred, as I’ve previously said lovely lad a tad eccentric but his hearts in the right place.

Did you expect anything else from the Nigel’s?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Worthing born and bred, as I’ve previously said lovely lad a tad eccentric but his hearts in the right place.

And an Albion fan yeh?!

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I guess you’d have to see the world from a slightly different perspective to achieve some of the stuff he’s done/doing.

But yeah, awesome. Good luck to the man.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Its not in Russ’s make up to put out a begging bowl at anytime, however if you wish to help support him financially (however small) you can go to the above link.

Thanks

Harty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here