Rushden & Diamonds FC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
It appears odds-on that this club who climbed up through the leagues on the money invested by the owner of Doc Martens footwear, will fold in the next few weeks with debts in excess of £750k.

It just goes to show that, even allowing for the legacy left by Doc Martens i.e the stadium, you cannot build a proper club on money alone.

Crawley take note

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shame, I enjoyed my only visit there. Tidy little stadium.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Crawley actually have more financial backers than us. In fact without Tony Bloom we have nowt & would sink faster than the Titanic.

Crawley are in fine shape.

We are the ones that need additional financial muscle to help TB

NSC wouldn't be NSC with your non stop negativity.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you mean more than the state of the art 22k seater stadium, full the rafters with STH? what Bloom is doing if you hadnt noticed, is creating a fundation which should make us a relativly self sufficient club going forward for generations to come. the chairman then need only top or give us a boost from time to time, as football chairman have always done.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
you mean more than the state of the art 22k seater stadium, full the rafters with STH? what Bloom is doing if you hadnt noticed, is creating a fundation which should make us a relativly self sufficient club going forward for generations to come. the chairman then need only top or give us a boost from time to time, as football chairman have always done.

Steady, he'd be unhappy if he was happy.

It's just that nobody knows who they are.

I agree though if some of their backers want to remain anonymous then it is their prerogative. That they satisfy FA due diligence & their criteria we have to accept. God forbid if our Tony fell under a bus then whilst our infrastructure has been paid for, we will need other Directors to come in to fund player transfers etc. Am I worried - no. Just responding to the original thread. It is surely more comforting to have resources from more than one source aka Crawley than Albion.

Is it no coincidence that Crawley are favourites to win their league......whilst us.......

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Well Steve, we will, of course, struggle to get 6k through the gates as we can't even fill Withdean.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I agree though if some of their backers want to remain anonymous then it is their prerogative. That they satisfy FA due diligence & their criteria we have to accept. God forbid if our Tony fell under a bus then whilst our infrastructure has been paid for, we will need other Directors to come in to fund player transfers etc. Am I worried - no. Just responding to the original thread. It is surely more comforting to have resources from more than one source aka Crawley than Albion.

Is it no coincidence that Crawley are favourites to win their league......whilst us.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moron_(psychology)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the non league paper was suggesting a few weeks back that they were considering a merge with kettering

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Crawley actually have more financial backers than us. In fact without Tony Bloom we have nowt & would sink faster than the Titanic.

Crawley are in fine shape.

Happen to think we are in our best shape EVER!!!

Who knows what people or organisations and companies Mr Bloom has dealings with and have they/will they contribute-as what was once(not sure if now) the 2nd wealthiest county in England we should,now we have a stadium,be in a better position than 15 years ago to attract new investment-

Despite the fact the Bloom family's 40 something year association with Albion,who hand on heart could have foreseen the level of investment to come from within the very club its self, when having gained planning permission for Falmer,the credit crunch began to kick in and the potential for a stadium granted and no subsequent finances to back ??? i for 1 did not.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think we need to go back to last summer when Steve Foster kept on saying we would be going nowhere.

Happen to think we are in our best shape EVER!!!

Who knows what people or organisations and companies Mr Bloom has dealings with and have they/will they contribute-as what was once(not sure if now) the 2nd wealthiest county in England we should,now we have a stadium,be in a better position than 15 years ago to attract new investment-

Despite the fact the Bloom family's 40 something year association with Albion,who hand on heart could have foreseen the level of investment to come from within the very club its self, when having gained planning permission for Falmer,the credit crunch began to kick in and the potential for a stadium granted and no subsequent finances to back ??? i for 1 did not.

Fair point. I have known TB all my life. Not blagging but true. Don't see him much these days but we do have mutual friends so I do genuinely get to hear what is happening at the club from time to time before announcements are made. We are very fortunate to have a young chairman who is wealthy & more importantly a BHA fan. What we do need are Directors on Board at some stage who have wealth. No problem for us at the mo but our Tony will need additional Directors on Board with serious money if we reach the promised land.

As for where we are now as I have previously stated not a problem for us where we are now, however, and back to the original poster it is always preferable for instance to have three Directors pumping £30m into the club than one pumping £90m for instance

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We will have regular income from 18500 season ticket holders (which hopefully will continue for many seasons) sponsorship deals from multi international corporations, local businesses for the hospitality lounges, more sponsorship to come for the three stands, advertising revenue, and off the pitch, there are already weddings, Christmas parties and conferences booked up for the venue bringing in extra income. I think that is a lot more healthy than two or three rich men on the board of directors.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Fair point. I have known TB all my life. Not blagging but true. Don't see him much these days but we do have mutual friends so I do genuinely get to hear what is happening at the club from time to time before announcements are made. We are very fortunate to have a young chairman who is wealthy & more importantly a BHA fan. What we do need are Directors on Board at some stage who have wealth. No problem for us at the mo but our Tony will need additional Directors on Board with serious money if we reach the promised land.

As for where we are now as I have previously stated not a problem for us where we are now, however, and back to the original poster it is always preferable for instance to have three Directors pumping £30m into the club than one pumping £90m for instance

Do agree we need more backers but season 2 when the off field spin off's kick in on the commercial side will benefit us-we are about to become the cub we should always have been-well established at Championship level.

Do agree we need more backers but season 2 when the off field spin off's kick in on the commercial side will benefit us-we are about to become the cub we should always have been-well established at Championship level.

Agree. I am confident we will do well in the championship this year & in subsequent seasons. Will this be enough for some of our fans in say 5 years time if we are still for instance mid table when the club won't splash out big time for that elusive player?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
we will be in the Top flight within 3 seasons if Gus stays-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports