Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rushden Chairman Set To Quit...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Max Griggs has revealed his intention to step down as chairman of Rushden & Diamonds.

And the multi-millionaire, who took charge when Rushden Town and Irthlingborough Diamonds merged in 1992, insists he is prepared to give the club away for free.

"I am not looking for any financial gain," he said in a statement on the official Rushden website.

"I would be happy to pass the Rushden & Diamonds Football Club to the right person for nothing.

"It is with much regret than I have made this decision but, having reached the age of 65, I feel that the time is right for someone else to take the club forward and provide the necessary support to maintain Football League status in the future."

Griggs, the owner of footwear giants Dr Martens, has overseen Rushden's climb from the Southern League Midland Division to the Second Division of the Nationwide League.

He added: "When we set out in 1992 my intention was to give something back to the local community, and to achieve League Football for the area. In these two areas I have fulfilled my ambitions, and I am very proud of the club and all the people who have helped the club make such fantastic progress."

Come on E-Block Ernie. Get ARS to make an offer. This is our chance to run a football club exactly the way we want.

OK, so it's not in Brighton - but getting us back to Brighton was just a silly whim of Dick Knight. We never really wanted that.

We always play well at Rushden - so it's a proven venue.

It's a brand new stadium, so we'll be able to concentrate on what matters - building up the team, not paying expensive consultancy fees to achieve a move to Falmer.

All it needs to make it successful is a loosening of the purse strings. Once Ernie's in charge, he can show us how to do that.

Sign Michael Owen now!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
We could take over and sell their best players to us and then sell the club for a quid.

E Block Ernie

Jul 5, 2003
Jenny's Star Bar
Lord Bracknell said:
Come on E-Block Ernie. Get ARS to make an offer. This is our chance to run a football club exactly the way we want.

OK, so it's not in Brighton - but getting us back to Brighton was just a silly whim of Dick Knight. We never really wanted that.

We always play well at Rushden - so it's a proven venue.

It's a brand new stadium, so we'll be able to concentrate on what matters - building up the team, not paying expensive consultancy fees to achieve a move to Falmer.

All it needs to make it successful is a loosening of the purse strings. Once Ernie's in charge, he can show us how to do that.

Sign Michael Owen now!

First thing I would do if I was chairman would be to ban ****s like you :salute:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
E Block Ernie said:
First thing I would do if I was chairman would be to ban ****s like you :salute:

Just about sums you up, eh Ernie?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
E Block Ernie said:

Wow. I've changed my mind about you Ernie. The way you worked your way through LB's post, deconstructed his arguments one by one, and made him look the stupid one is most impressive. Well done.

Leave Ernie alone, Hampshire.

He's just getting the hang of this Chairman job-thingy.

Ignore helpful suggestions from the fans. Threaten them with bans.

That's the way to do it. He'll take us far.

:clap: :clap:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Maybe he will move football production to China like he did shoe production.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here