Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] (Rugby Union) Eddie Jones- Thanks And Goodbye ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ridiculous decision 9 months out from a World Cup. What hope do we have with a new coach with barely any time to get ideas across. The only way you win a WC is with continuity, there are no outstanding teams and we would have had as good a chance as any. He's been in charge for seven years and is chucked less than a year before the WC. Stupid.
What continuity do you get from Jones? We're consistent in having no discernible game plan (other than hoping good players score individual tries) and talking immense bollocks pre and post match but very little else

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Absolutely guarantees Australia knocking us out of the World Cup.

I understand why the RFU wanted rid of Jones, but the timing was utterly bizarre - 3 years into a 4 year cycle. Clearly speaking out against public schools still angers the Toffs at the top of the RFU.

(Having said all that, I think Borthwick is a fantastic appointment, who will take England far... I just fear that he doesn't have enough time before this World Cup and therefore we may become one of those side that peaks between World Cups - and as much as I want us to win the 6 Nations, a World Cup is what I really really want)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I understand why the RFU wanted rid of Jones, but the timing was utterly bizarre - 3 years into a 4 year cycle. Clearly speaking out against public schools still angers the Toffs at the top of the RFU.

(Having said all that, I think Borthwick is a fantastic appointment, who will take England far... I just fear that he doesn't have enough time before this World Cup and therefore we may become one of those side that peaks between World Cups - and as much as I want us to win the 6 Nations, a World Cup is what I really really want)
We’ll see, delighted he’s gone. We were absolute shite under him for too long. We had no chance of winning it under Jones, we still don’t but at least we might see an improvement in the tactics in big games. The team lacked any confidence by the end under Jones

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

Yes, I’ll be there to see us crash out to the Aussies, maybe in the Marseilles Q/F !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, I’ll be there to see us crash out to the Aussies, maybe in the Marseilles Q/F !
I'd be disappointed. We normally beat them in the QFs on the way to ultimate destruction by the Kiwis or Saffers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here