[Other Sport] Rugby League World Cup Official Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So I'll sit and watch Rugby League if there's no other sport on tele as I like to watch close contests. But my team in the sweepstake, Fiji, seem to be having a strange time. I'm guessing here that the countries involved aren't all of the same quality. Fiji were beaten by Australia by 24 pts. Australia then beat Scotland 84-0 whilst Fiji beat Italy 60-4. But Italy have beaten Scotland 28-4.
I can only assume Scotland are very very bad. Italy aren't much better. Fiji are a championship team and Australia are the winners.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Final group games in the mens tournament this evening, a real sense the tournament is building, of course helped by some superb displays by the home nation, that 90+ romp against Greece on Saturday was something to beholds. Wales require something close to a miracle this evening in their game against PNG.

Womens tournament begins tomorrow afternoon with an intruiging encounter between England and Brazil, who are sure to add a sprinkle of colour and personality to proceedings.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Semi final kicks off on 15 minutes, gulp.

It's Showtime!!!

80 minutes from a World Cup final, nerves are jangling a bit let's hope we can do it.

f***ing COME ON ENGLAND

:O

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Wow, Samoa 24-20 with 6 to go...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Great game. England edged out on the golden point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports