Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rudd Gullit............................................ ..............................

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Haddock a bet he is not very good

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Ruud Gullit said some good stuff todya in my opinion. Now i usually have a lot of respect for Jamie Redknapp but today he was a complete tosser over the Kitson red card situation. To say it was not a red card offence is absolute horseshit, as he could easily have broken his leg. Gullit saying a "double red card" was a little over the top but he was right at how such a horrendous tackle it was. Jamie Redknapp was argueing the toss about the tackle, saying that e isn't the sort of player that does that kind of thing, ok granted Mr. Redknapp, but it only takes one tackle to break a leg, ankle, put a player out of football and forced to retire ie: david busst and I'm sure Mr. Evra wouldnt have been best pleased if Kitson had stayed on the pitch.

Rant Over. In my opinion, Gullit speaks alot of sense, but each to their own. I am shocked that he isn't in a managerial position at a football club because apart from floundering at Newcastle he did well at Chelsea and seems a very astute guy.

As for Andy Gray however...jumped up thundercunt of the highest order :tosser:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Jamie Redknapp taking some beating in the "crap pundit" league. He just never offers any sort of insight, just talks about a whole lot of nothing.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Ruud Gullit said some good stuff todya in my opinion. Now i usually have a lot of respect for Jamie Redknapp but today he was a complete tosser over the Kitson red card situation. To say it was not a red card offence is absolute horseshit, as he could easily have broken his leg. Gullit saying a "double red card" was a little over the top but he was right at how such a horrendous tackle it was. Jamie Redknapp was argueing the toss about the tackle, saying that e isn't the sort of player that does that kind of thing, ok granted Mr. Redknapp, but it only takes one tackle to break a leg, ankle, put a player out of football and forced to retire ie: david busst and I'm sure Mr. Evra wouldnt have been best pleased if Kitson had stayed on the pitch.

Rant Over. In my opinion, Gullit speaks alot of sense, but each to their own. I am shocked that he isn't in a managerial position at a football club because apart from floundering at Newcastle he did well at Chelsea and seems a very astute guy.

As for Andy Gray however...jumped up thundercunt of the highest order :tosser:

Absolutly spot on as far as Andy gray goes :thumbsup:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Redknapp did of course escape a red card for a very similar "tackle" on Tim Cahill, when playing for Spurs a few seasons ago...
Can't quite feel convinced by his attempts to rebrand himself as a mouthy pundit, though - he just won't shut up, given half the chance in these studios, but still seems to be trying a little too hard. Gullit is class and he and Souness (yup, even Souness) really showed Redknapp up when commenting on the Chelsea-Liverpool Champions League semi-finals last season. You could almost sense them wanting to drag out their multiple European Cup medals, but did enough with their understated analysis not to need to...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I quite enjoyed that little debate about the red card. The game is all about opinions, and they were just giving theirs. I can't understand why no one likes Andy Gray, him and Martin Tyler are easily the best pundit/commentator combo, yes Grey gets it wrong sometimes but nowhere near as much as the likes of Motson and Tyldsley.

I dislike pretty much all commentators/analysts. The problem I have with Andy Gray (and to a degree Martin Tyler) is that they try to sound insightful. The BBC coverage is watered down for the average layman; they talk inane dribble for the whole game and know it. However Andy Gray and Martin Tyler think they can offer some incredible insight that the general public hasn't picked up on, and the crowful manner in which they announce it really gets on my nerves.

As for the 'experts' at half-time, I didn't see them yesterday, and I hardly ever watch them. Just turn over and watch the cricket for 15 minutes instead. Now that's commentary.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
The problem for Andy Gray is that he is the mouthpiece of Sky and skys coverage of the football they show. Millions of people watch said coverage, but whilst watching hear Mr. Gray, spouting all kinds of inane shit from that mouth of his.

For example, yesterday, he cleverly spotted the tackle by Kitson. When the referee showed him the red card, he took the line that the referee was wrong to show the red card, claiming that many more tackles like that will go unpunished throughout the season. THAT DOESNT MAKE IT ALRIGHT THO DOES IT BALD TWAT !!! He then claimed that it was a harsh decision for a red card, but what would you have said if he'd have BROKEN his leg, Mr Gray ??? :tosser:

Millions would've heard his commentary yesterday, kids and adults who in turn will think it is ok to go out on the pitch on a saturday afternoon/sunday morning and commit the sort of fouls that And Gray deems to be acceptable and not worthy of a red card, in turn causing the referee of those games more problems. I am a referee, and one player once turned round to me when I sent him off and said to me "Well, Wayne Rooney gets away with it and no-one seems to care, so why not me" Until Andy Gray finally realises what a shit job he does, and yes, no-one cares that you are a washed up ex professional, a referee's job will be so much harder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here