Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rúben Amorim

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Boely has him lined up as Potters successor.

I’m not joking. Boely made contact with him after speaking to Potter to let him know he has him in his thoughts for the future.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Whoever comes in will be on a similar wage structure as GP was.
Will any of the names suggested work for this salary ?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Whoever comes in will be on a similar wage structure as GP was.
Will any of the names suggested work for this salary ?

as in the one reported in the Athletic, it'd be a stretch but I would give it some thought

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Amorim has just has £100 mill of players sold from under him with a fraction of that reinvested and now sits 9th some 8 points behind Benfica.

He also plays 3-4-3, and a style not dissimilar to how we currently set up.

Lastly, a Hispanic manager might be a better fit for Enciso, Sarmiento, Estupinan, Caicedo, MacAllister than -say - a cerebral Nordic tactician like Knutsen.

He also has a £25 mill release clause and is reported to be on just over £2 million a year. It would be an ambitious signing and we would have to double his salary at least but not outside the realms of possibility. Wolves managed to get title-winning Benfica coach Bruno Lage (albeit after he had been sacked).

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
When Pochettino got sacked he was linked with the PSG job, but he said he wasn't interested. I therefore can't see Brighton tempting him away...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Amorim has just has £100 mill of players sold from under him with a fraction of that reinvested and now sits 9th some 8 points behind Benfica.

He also plays 3-4-3, and a style not dissimilar to how we currently set up.

Lastly, a Hispanic manager might be a better fit for Enciso, Sarmiento, Estupinan, Caicedo, MacAllister than -say - a cerebral Nordic tactician like Knutsen.

He also has a £25 mill release clause and is reported to be on just over £2 million a year. It would be an ambitious signing and we would have to double his salary at least but not outside the realms of possibility. Wolves managed to get title-winning Benfica coach Bruno Lage (albeit after he had been sacked).
sounds familiar

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When Pochettino got sacked he was linked with the PSG job, but he said he wasn't interested. I therefore can't see Brighton tempting him away...

Depends on what interests you, and the timing of things. It's worth a discrete enquiry if Tony likes him.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Depends on what interests you, and the timing of things. It's worth a discrete enquiry if Tony likes him.

True, it would be worth a discreet ask, but just can't see it at all. His stock is very high (being asked of by PSG, Chelsea etc) and he can stay in the relatively weak Portguese league until one of the big boys which takes his fancy comes in for him. If, hypothetically, he joined us it would be high risk - a very competitive league. Just don't think it'd be worth it for him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

I think it was more to do with ‘the project’ which is why he turned it down …. Well certainly that’s what was said yesterday.

It’s possible managing in the PL for a couple of seasons makes him more of an attractive proposition for a top 6 club.

But I’d imagine this is a complete non-starter

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
When Potter gets sacked this would be the replacement if he did well for us. Oh the irony of that happened!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sporting is a pretty big club. Could be difficult to get him away from there, think he is in for something bigger eventually.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It was reported in various interviews (including one on Sky Sports News) that he’d been specifically spoken to by Boely, who let him know that Chelsea were monitoring him and were very impressed by his progress.
Maybe Boely wants him to go to his feeder club in England first. Lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here