Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RSD 23 - Record Store Day

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I know RSD has become bit of a cliche over the years having lost some of the original intention of promoting independent record shops, to become a far more commercial exercise in over inflating prices of so called 'limited or rare' editions of certain records, but did anyone this year pick up anything they're chuffed with?

The stream of stuff in the last few years has been of dubious quality (IMO) and become increasingly expensive.

The only purchses for me this year were : Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Live at Levitation, The Big Moon's debut album 'love in the 4th dimension', and 'show' by The Cure.

Just the 3 this year.

Last edited:

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Ooh, I got the BRMC as well. Actually playing it now. Sounds fantastic and lovely vinyl. I went a bit OTT, but it's a decent small local store. Got the Suede demos (love), Pearl Jam live album (great value, double album, lovely packaging), and the Blur B-sides collection thingy (a bit overpriced and I don't think I'm a big enough fan to really appreciate it).

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Wanted the Happy Mondays Balearic beats 12” but wasn’t in stock at my local shop. Was tempted with Groove Armada Black Light but saw it was £39 and no way I’m paying that for a record unless it’s extremely special.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Wanted the Happy Mondays Balearic beats 12” but wasn’t in stock at my local shop. Was tempted with Groove Armada Black Light but saw it was £39 and no way I’m paying that for a record unless it’s extremely special.
Yeah, this is part of the problem. There are a few nice things, but they are so damn expensive. Paid £50 for my copy of The Cure record! Wife not happy....

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
For those who might be interested, Resident in Brighton still have a lot of this year's releases available. And they're good eggs down there too, so it's always nice to support them.

There was very little of interest for me this year on the list but have just bought the Mansun and Tears For Fears releases.

Haven't heard if there's going to be the Black Friday RSD this year but that often brings a few interesting items...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Was hoping to get Broken Social Scene 'You Forget It In People' but couldn't get along and it's sold out.

inevitability a few copies already up on Discogs at double the original price.

Meh.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
There was absolutely nothing this year that interested me.

All I've picked up recently are the Lorna Shore album, a picture disk of 'From Mars to Sirius' by Gojira which is absolutely beautiful and a pre order of the new Sleep Token album.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here