Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Royal Variety Performance

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What did Lenny Henry do to get a knighthood as I don't find him funny at all. Thank fully I haven't seen him yet and in fact didn't know that he was on the cast list for tonight.
Created Comic Relief and campaigned for racial equality. Next question.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If I'd known that Stomp were on, I'd have seen it. Does it prove my tastes are getting mainstream in my old age?

I stopped watching this show years ago though , it has been useless.... an insult to her Majesty.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
What did Lenny Henry do to get a knighthood as I don't find him funny at all. Thank fully I haven't seen him yet and in fact didn't know that he was on the cast list for tonight.

As an ageing Sussex yokel, maybe you'd be surprised to learn that before he became famous, he did a stint at the Butlins Ocean Hotel at Saltdean back in the mid-1970's.
I worked there Xmas 1975, but he'd already left by then ....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought yesterday it was very good...a lot better than some of the dross in the past.

My mrs went to see Mary poppins on Saturday and absolutely loved it...brilliant show and that showed just how slick these shows are. Also thought the Newfoundland bit was brilliant!

Couldn’t watch the contortionist bloke..that was just horrible...clever but horrible.

It has so improved

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

I imagine for having an entertainment career since the 1970's and for his work with charity and promoting BAME poeple in the entertainment industry.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I imagine for having an entertainment career since the 1970's and for his work with charity and promoting BAME poeple in the entertainment industry.

As well as keeping the public informed on the quality and availability of budget hotels.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Switched it on by accident. Caught some hack karaoke bloke with weird tartan trews and weirder american singing accent who looked like Sean Connery's dad. Promptly switched it off again.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] did this answer your question to your satisfaction?

Technically, it was for services to drama and charity according to Wiki. Whilst his little bits of stand up he does these days are a bit naff, I remember enjoying his 80s TV series as a kid. But listening to an interview with him a few weeks ago, he has had a very interesting life. He toured with the Black And White Minstrels for a while.

Regardless on your views on his humour, I find it very had to believe that anyone would query a knighthood for someone who has worked tirelessly for both charity and equality. Well anyone except the usual suspects, of course.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Technically, it was for services to drama and charity according to Wiki. Whilst his little bits of stand up he does these days are a bit naff, I remember enjoying his 80s TV series as a kid. But listening to an interview with him a few weeks ago, he has had a very interesting life. He toured with the Black And White Minstrels for a while.

Regardless on your views on his humour, I find it very had to believe that anyone would query a knighthood for someone who has worked tirelessly for both charity and equality. Well anyone except the usual suspects, of course.

Blimey. I actually had to go and check that for myself; I thought it was a wind-up.

Yup - the Black & White Minstrels Show - that bastion of BAME rights and equality :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here