Royal Mail advice/help needed...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
So i've ordered something on Ebay but I think it's going to be sent to an old address. How might I go about intercepting this parcel and getting it redirected to where I currently live?

I've sent a message to the seller but no response, I think it's already been dispatched to this old address.

I don't know who lives there now...

Any ideas or suggestions?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
So i've ordered something on Ebay but I think it's going to be sent to an old address. How might I go about intercepting this parcel and getting it redirected to where I currently live?

I've sent a message to the seller but no response, I think it's already been dispatched to this old address.

I don't know who lives there now...

Any ideas or suggestions?
camp the front door and pretend to be just going out if it turns up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness that is about your only option.
We are legally obliged to deliver as addressed, or else anyone could interfere with other peoples mail.

I'd write to your previous address, explain what has happened, bung them a couple of quid and hope they forward it, for you.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
In fairness that is about your only option.
We are legally obliged to deliver as addressed, or else anyone could interfere with other peoples mail.

I'd write to your previous address, explain what has happened, bung them a couple of quid and hope they forward it, for you.

Cheers. Is it worth me contacting the nearest sorting office to see if they might do something? I could go in and show some ID...?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers. Is it worth me contacting the nearest sorting office to see if they might do something? I could go in and show some ID...?
You never know, they might be sympathetic but personally I doubt it.
I'm no jobs worth, and I still wouldn't do it, esp at this time of year, when your one specific packet is in with the most amount of packets the office has all year.
If none of my other postie colleagues come up with anything on this bounce, then it's back to plan a.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports