Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **Royal London One-Day Cup, Group B: Sussex v Middlesex at Hove, 3-8-15 Now**

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sussex finding new and exciting ways of losing cricket matches. Robbo out.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As a commentator said "The wheels have come off..."

They've all lost interest - Joyce and Robbo out!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"there is a dejected air about Sussex" says Paul Allott as another one right in the slot from Alfonso Thomas sails over long-on for six.

14 off the over... now the highest score in the 50 over comp this season

Middx 352-4 (48 overs)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Middlesex 367-6 (50 overs, RR 7.34)

A record chase required by Sussex to stay with even an outside chance of qualifying for the 2nd stage of the competition.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
This is a becoming a really miserable plummet: from a decent side to a total shambles. I know we're racked with injuries, but this is a catastrophic loss of form, spirit and momentum.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This is a becoming a really miserable plummet: from a decent side to a total shambles. I know we're racked with injuries, but this is a catastrophic loss of form, spirit and momentum.

Sussex have done so well to be consistent over the past few years, with small squad and budget, it was going to happen at some point, the signings have not worked, lots of long term injuries and the youth have been slow to kick on. Without Oli we may have been down already, Jordan injured with England, lets hope the structure is their to get it back on track.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Once again I forgot this was being played today... Once again I wished I hadn't bothered looking at the score. Mind you, the math of this score is absolutely incredible, were we playing the match on a table top ? 13 6's but only 24 4's ?

I feel sorry for the members and those who go to see a Sussex match but just see a mismatch in almost every format of the game now, really not a good advertisement for young aspiring local cricketers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Might be a glimmer of hope yet....chasing a revised target of 309 off 40 we are 57-0 off 7 overs and ahead of D/L !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here