Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Hodgson at the Amex today

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's played for Austria under 20s.

I'm not saying he will but he COULD still play for England then? Didn't Giggs play for England under 20s before he made his worst ever decision to play for Wales?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They put him next to Dick Knight, who hardly stopped talking to him all game. I wonder what about.....

Hodgson wanted to see a midfield that could string more than 3 passes together, plus DK was telling him 4-4-2 in a bit behind the times on the International scene.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'm not saying he will but he COULD still play for England then? Didn't Giggs play for England under 20s before he made his worst ever decision to play for Wales?

No, he played for England schoolboys as he went to an English school. I think it's a myth that he could've played for England

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, he played for England schoolboys as he went to an English school. I think it's a myth that he could've played for England

But he must also have satisfy nationality rules on being English? Ie he could have chosen to play for England?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ashley Barnes in line for a call up.

Ha ha! On yesterday's performance we could do a lot worse........................................ joking aside though I reckon he has a good chance of making the U-21's this year (his game for Austria U-20's wasn't a competitive match and he still qualifies for England if selected and if he chooses)

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It wouldn't surprise me if Dick was angling to get an England U21 of B team fixture down here some time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here