Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rover second hand cars?

barney

Jul 31, 2006
would you? what's the deal now they went bust? i need a new (cheap) car and rover 200s are quite a treaty little vehicle and look very cheap for what they are. should i stay well clear or will it do me well? any help appreciated. ta

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Got one now,had a few in the last few years.They tend to rust so check them out.Other then that they are pretty reliable

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
i bought a second hand rover 200 a year back or so. had no problems whatsoever with it... you could say that it BEASTS me away

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I have sold a few over the past few years and never had a serious complaint, the most faq about them is spare parts, not a problem.

yeah that is what i was worried about, how is it not a problem? just due to their reliability or? :thumbsup:

Pettitt303

Registered Drug Abuser
Oct 28, 2006
East, East, East Sussex
My Dad has had 5 recently and is well pleased with them. If you are interested he has a 1995 214 sli for sale. It is taxed until August and Mot until November and is a nice clean little carwith a lot of service history. He is only selling because he is buying a MG ZT and would want around £500.00

If you want any more information please PM me

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I bought a Rover 420 three months ago. I got it from a dealer, full MOT, three months tax, 46,000 on the clock. It even has a CD player as well as A/C, quite rare for that sort of age and car. Leather interior and no rust. Cost me £950.

It's comfortable, reliable and with the 2 litre engine, quicker than most other makes of the same type.

I am very pleased with it and consider that I got a pretty good deal.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Loads of pattern parts available from factors.

Watch out for head gasket failure-they can be prone to that.

Only the diesels according to my research, and also only the older ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here