Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham Vs BHAFC - team news

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~877484,00.html

Hendo Gets The Nod

By Tim Dudding, at Millmoor

Wayne Henderson has won the battle for the goalkeeper's jersey and will start between the sticks for the opening game of the season at Rotherham.

Manager Mark McGhee prefers the Republic of Ireland international to Michel Kuipers, who will start the game among the substitutes.

Tony Stokes warms up at Millmoor

Elsewhere new signing Tony Stokes goes straight into the starting line-up after arriving from West Ham on loan in midweek, lining up on the right side of midfield.

Albion's other loan signing, defender Keith Lowe, must make do with a place on the bench; McGhee has opted for a central-defensive duo of Adam El-Abd and Joel Lynch, who has recovered sufficiently from a thigh injury.

First-year pro Dean Cox is handed his full debut after an impressive pre-season. In attack McGhee has plumped for former non-league duo Gary Hart and Alex Revell, who makes his League debut for the Seagulls. Jake Robinson and Colin Kazim-Richards are on the bench.

Dean Cox will make his full debut

Rotherham have six new faces among their starting line-up; Pablo Mills, Ian Sharps, Eugen Bopp, Richie Partridge, Delroy Facey and Dave Hibbert all make their debuts for the Millers.

Rotherham (4-4-2): Cutler; Worrell, Mills, Sharps, Hurst; Partridge, Williamson, Bopp, Keane; Facey, Hibbert. Subs: Montgomery (GK), Woods, Robertson, Wiseman, Taylor.

Albion (4-4-2): Henderson; Reid, El-Abd, Lynch, Mayo; Stokes, Carpenter, Hammond, Cox; Revell, Hart. Subs: Kuipers (GK), Robinson, Kazim-Richards, Frutos, Lowe.

Referee: Colin Webster

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hart has being playing full back all season, yet all of a sudden McGhee decides to put him up front!?!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Edward Scissorhands said:
Why get a centre half in on loan and play a midfielder there?
Has Magoo lost the f***ing plot:angry:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Sack the Board..........

:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So it's..

Henderson
El Abd Reid Lynch Mayo
Cox Carpenter Stokes Hammond
Hart Revell

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Then SCR have f***ed up. WIth that side it'll be

Henderson
Reid El Abd Lynch Mayo
Cox Carpenter Stokes Hammond
Hart Revell

That's what i'd have thought, as El-Abd said he prefers playing centre half, and Reid is clearly a full back

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So no lowe:rolleyes:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No Fruity:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here