Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well done Rotherham, beaten by the better team.

Hughton needs to do some serious work and quickly because this lot are shot.

Rotherham were 4th from bottom, we should have known they would have been a tough nut to crack.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Makes me laugh all the haters on Bruno all of a sudden, he was without doubt one of our best performers up until xmas, when the whole team has started playing badly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Look on the bright side, we have probably done almost enough to avoid relegation.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Think Hughton is more concerned about conceding goals than setting up a team to score them. He has gone to negative me thinks

Yep. Injuries have forced him to think defensively, rather than just crack on attacking with what we had. Start of the season our fullbacks we tasked with supporting the wingers, now the tactics appear to be the priority of wingers covering full backs.

Forget defensive mistakes, they are largely irrelevant to the fact we can't score. If we can't score, all a defensive mistake is costing us is 1 point. Not scoring is costing us 3.

We've hidden behind injuries but we should have been more positive with what we had.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No goals in six matches for us and we gift one, if not two, every game. Apart from that we're looking rock f*cking solid :(

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Another crap display of attacking and defending its truly awful , something needs to happen quick , first thing I would do is drop Dunk , try and find 2 decent fullbacks and I think we need some more in central midfield as Kayal and Stephens are not winning the midfield battle any more .

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bruno again. Dunk and Bruno are causing so many problems for us.

Anyone who thinks Bruno is a good defender is tucked in the head

Sorry but that's really fickle.
So many times he has been MOM by people at the match.

The big problem as has been for some time is lack of goals

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
4-4-2 is good enough for away draws if the defence does not play like a relegation side. 4-4-2 not really good for wins though.

It is not new. We were making mistakes early in the season, but the opposition missed their chances.

trainline keeps on coming up Kings+ to Middlesbro £29.

Down to 6th. Thanks a lot Bridcutt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear Albion. It's not like we were playing a promotion candidate here. Over NINE hours without a goal. Terrible. Down to 5th. Poor defending, no movement from the strikers, not making any chances.

We need to use that lovely new training ground to practice the basics.

Do we practice set pieces then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here