Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was the same game today as Birmingham 21 away games ago so no there isn't
You went to both then? I was at Birmingham, but didn't go today and it sounded we were a lot more attacking today in the second half, whereas at Birmingham we created next to nothing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There are many things that we will never know. The team has been blowing hot and cold, and we have lacked quality under both managers. It's not about comparing the managers anyway, the squad overall has been average at best. I think that even if Hughton was with us at the start of the season he would have still had the problems that Hyypia had.

But it is about comparing the managers, as isn't that the discussion? (sorry if I've missed the point).

The stats actually say (apparently) that we'd be much higher if you look at the results, so no, I don't think he would have struggled as much. Whilst, we wouldn't be near the play-off's IMO, I feel we would not be looking over our shoulders and would be 10th-12th.

The facts are that Hyypia did a pretty poor job at Bayer Leverkusen and it continued with us, for me he is a poor manager and was a bad appointment, but he is not the only reason we struggled at the start, our recruitment since Poyet left has been poor.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
What did Hughton say in post match interview? been out all day without access to radio.

Did he mention that Reading, Fulham and Millwall now have games in hand over us!!!

The whole weekend has been s***e football wise.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
But it is about comparing the managers, as isn't that the discussion? (sorry if I've missed the point).

The stats actually say (apparently) that we'd be much higher if you look at the results, so no, I don't think he would have struggled as much. Whilst, we wouldn't be near the play-off's IMO, I feel we would not be looking over our shoulders and would be 10th-12th.

The facts are that Hyypia did a pretty poor job at Bayer Leverkusen and it continued with us, for me he is a poor manager and was a bad appointment, but he is not the only reason we struggled at the start, our recruitment since Poyet left has been poor.

At the start of the season it was my view, that we were the most ill prepared club barring Blackpool. I am sure that Hughton is the right man for the job but at the moment the results and performances only show that he is only a slightly better turd polisher than Hyypia, but there is not much in it. You can only judge a manager when he has built his own team, until that time it is turd polishing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At the start of the season it was my view, that we were the most ill prepared club barring Blackpool. I am sure that Hughton is the right man for the job but at the moment the results and performances only show that he is only a slightly better turd polisher than Hyypia, but there is not much in it. You can only judge a manager when he has built his own team, until that time it is turd polishing.

Can't disagree with any of the bits in bold.....

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
Murray was on 5k a week when his contract was up, palace offered him 13K. He didn't want to leave and said he'd stay for 8K a week but we let him go as Gus didn't fancy him, we must have spent more than double on CMS's wages at the time but the gamble back fired but that's football! Need a couple of strikers amongst others next season and please no more loan's

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You went to both then? I was at Birmingham, but didn't go today and it sounded we were a lot more attacking today in the second half, whereas at Birmingham we created next to nothing.

I wasn't at either, but to add stats to it:

v Birmingham 13 shots, 3 on target
v Rotherham 10 shots 2 on target

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was at both, funnily enough when Hyypia took off CMS our fans started singing "you done know what you're doing"
Today we never looked like scoring, even the golden opportunity we had was fluffed by our best player today.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This. We were in the bottom 3 when he came; now we will probably stay up even if we don't get another point.

and the way we're playing at the moment, we may very well not get another bloody point.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
and the way we're playing at the moment, we may very well not get another bloody point.

Which is good news we actually won 3 games in a row, it was anal dirge today - bloody awful

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was at both, funnily enough when Hyypia took off CMS our fans started singing "you done know what you're doing"
Today we never looked like scoring, even the golden opportunity we had was fluffed by our best player today.

Did we sing the same today, by the sounds of it you feel it was similar? (From memory, it was KLL who was substituted incidentally).

I would also state, we didn't even have a 'golden' opportunity at Birmingham.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What a load of ****ing shit. Beram and Stockdale aside I would make them all turn up for training tomorow at 5am even after the coach breaking down. Useless shitbags.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Did we sing the same today, by the sounds of it you feel it was similar? (From memory, it was KLL who was substituted incidentally).

I would also state, we didn't even have a 'golden' opportunity at Birmingham.

I feel today was more accepted we are crap by the away crowd.

Was it that substitution, it could have been my memory is when cms went off for fenelon as it was Tex who came on for KLL. I do remember a 'bronze' opportunity for o'grady when the ball was passed to him in the box, by Tex I think, and he missed the ball completely.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We made it difficult for ourselves as we wouldnt pay the fee (250k ish) tbat was the start of the warning signs that all is not well with our recruitment.

The guy was ready to sign. WE (as in BHA) ****ed it up MASSIVELY.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I feel today was more accepted we are crap by the away crowd.

Was it that substitution, it could have been my memory is when cms went off for fenelon as it was Tex who came on for KLL. I do remember a 'bronze' opportunity for o'grady when the ball was passed to him in the box, by Tex I think, and he missed the ball completely.

That could have been any game this season........ :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here