Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rotherham: A force to be reckoned with next season?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Very impressive turnaround, hard to believe he is still managing at this level. Warnock's Notts County bullied and out thought and out fought us all those years ago in a playoff final defeat., with the help of a first goal that came from a corner that should have been a goal kick[emoji2]

25 years ago and it still hurts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkZIAFUY-o
I always remember that and think of what might have been. We were sitting at that end only a few rows up and couldn't believe it was given as a corner

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Very impressive turnaround, hard to believe he is still managing at this level. Warnock's Notts County bullied and out thought and out fought us all those years ago in a playoff final defeat., with the help of a first goal that came from a corner that should have been a goal kick :smile:

25 years ago and it still hurts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkZIAFUY-o

Agree. It was never ever ever a ****ing corner

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I don't see Rotherham doing anything. They just don't have the resources.

Warnock is getting the best out of a team with its back against the wall, but it's very tough to keep that going over the long ol' slog of a football season.

Blimey BG, it's not like you to live in the past.

If it was down to you we'd not only have the oldest squad in the league we'd have a geriatric manager as well. Maybe Harry Redknapp as DoF too? Could do a (really shit) job.

I think BG is searching for a football soul mate and Warnock is his type of guy.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have always said if we didnt have CH as manager or he was poached by Villa I would be happy to have Neil Warnock, a very experienced manager with great knowledge of this division.
Presumably you'd like him, in that hugely unlikely circumstance, to bring Matt Derbyshire with him?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't know if it is just me but Neil Warnock and Harry Redknap could actually have been conjoined twins separated at birth. They both talk shite, they both always look like they are going to cry during interviews if a decision has gone against them and they both always seem that they have a personal secret that if we knew about it we would be appalled

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
44 looked useful from long range for MK Dons.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Presumably you'd like him, in that hugely unlikely circumstance, to bring Matt Derbyshire with him?
It took 29 posts on Rotherham for someone to finally mention the legend that is Matty Derbyshire - sign him up!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Colin Wanker will be elsewhere by the end of next season, probably by January, or maybe March at the latest, in his eternal quest to become the first member of the English Manager Serial Losers Club to have joined the 92 Club - and the first as a manager. Colin don'r care, Colin just quietly takes the pay-off and moves smoothly on to the next mug club.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Really is some bollocks put on some of these threads.... Warnock is not my type of manager or choice but he is 'good' at what he does and that is man management, Rotherham is a good example of this.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I quite like Warnock. He was always the perfect manager for the Rotherham job when it came up this time.

He loves a battle, being up against the odds, he's not the sort to go and spend loads of money, but instead is great at working with- to be fair- the more limited players, and getting another 10% out of them. He's a Yorkshireman born & bred, so he must be back amongst some of his family and friends up there. Rotherham were in a rubbish position before he arrived, couldn't get any worse, and had nothing to lose. Warnock has got them giving it a right go, and good luck to him (their recent revival has gone a long way towards pushing MK Dons straight back down to League One, and that is something which we should all heartily applaud).

Next season, I'd be extremely confident that they'll still be relegation contenders, as the novelty and excitement of a Great Escape will have worn off. They're highly unlikely to suddenly become top half players simply because they've rustled up a few wins now on the back of a wave of momentum while under no pressure. He probably won't even last until the end of next season. Shame really. He's a character.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here