Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross McCormack

The Gus Bus

Aug 10, 2010
Could he be our 1mil striker?
Done brilliantly in his first season at Cardiff but now is rumoured to be on his way out with a few clubs interested. Maybe we're one of them...

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Blimey everyone's off to Ipswich aren't they?
Front runners for Scotland too ???

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It's surprising how many deluded people there are on this board.
:wozza:
Agreed, why would top quality Championship player want to drop down to League 1!? People on here need to start being realistic!
Whilst I agree that the majority of transfer targets posted on here are extremely unrealistic, IF we were to spend £1m on a striker (huge IF I'll admit), surely McCormack is the standard of player we should be aiming at? What sort of strikers SHOULD Gus be looking at with a £1m budget?

It'd make more sense to come into these threads and say "we're not spending £1m on a striker full stop" if that's what you're thinking.

EDIT: It does seem as though McCormack is off to Ipswich, so I guess it's a little pointless discussing this one.

Last edited:

The Gus Bus

Aug 10, 2010
It's surprising how many deluded people there are on this board.
:wozza:

So what sort of player with 1mil would you think about? we are not going to get a striker from league 1 for that sort of money. plus, I didn't say it was going to happen, simply suggested a name into the hat, there have been some more ridiculous names mentioned recently. if you don't agree with this, give sime reasons why instead.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Reasons ??? well....
The fact he was wanted by numerous premiership clubs throughout last season.
The fact he plays reguarly for a championship side, and a good one at that.
The fact that his wages are probably already more than we can afford, let alone after a £1m transfer.
The fact he's going to Ipswich.
The fact he's wanted by a number of other championship clubs.

That enough for you?
Sorry but jesus christ, some people seriously need to get a reality check, this is by no means the worst, just pointless rumour after rumour involving players that we have no hope of signing.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Why is everyone so certain we will sign a 1mil player?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Reasons ??? well....
The fact he was wanted by numerous premiership clubs throughout last season.
The fact he plays reguarly for a championship side, and a good one at that.
The fact that his wages are probably already more than we can afford, let alone after a £1m transfer.
The fact he's going to Ipswich.
The fact he's wanted by a number of other championship clubs.

That enough for you?
Sorry but jesus christ, some people seriously need to get a reality check, this is by no means the worst, just pointless rumour after rumour involving players that we have no hope of signing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZpPOikJwYY&feature=related

The Gus Bus

Aug 10, 2010
all fair points. it may be a long shot but surely these are the sorts of players we should be looking at. I will say again, it's a long long shot but why not speculate? surely this is what this board is for?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Whilst I agree that the majority of transfer targets posted on here are extremely unrealistic, IF we were to spend £1m on a striker (huge IF I'll admit), surely McCormack is the standard of player we should be aiming at? What sort of strikers SHOULD Gus be looking at with a £1m budget?

It'd make more sense to come into these threads and say "we're not spending £1m on a striker full stop" if that's what you're thinking.

EDIT: It does seem as though McCormack is off to Ipswich, so I guess it's a little pointless discussing this one.

Not just that, but the other reasons above. Its just annoying, that with so many people thinking we're going to get players like Hooper, Sharp, Phillips etc when he finally does come i feel many people will be hugely underwhelmed.
Who do i think it should be? Well i dont think any £1m plus player would come here for starters, why you ask, because in my books no player below this league is worth near that figure apart from MAYBE Le Fondre, so he's the only one in lower leagues. In this league, all the 20+ goal a season players are already playing for the best clubs in this league, Maclean, Mackail Smith, Lambert, Barnard etc.. so why would they jump ship. Finally anyone playing in the championship worth a million pounds is going to be someone who can clearly play at that level, so would be very unlikely to leave, let alone fit into our wage bill.
Luke Varney (not even in Derby's squad on saturday and just turned down return to Crewe), Brett Pittman, Theo Robinson, Le Fondre (fee depending), Tyson (now Southampton deal is seemingly dead), David Mcgoldrick.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Not just that, but the other reasons above. Its just annoying, that with so many people thinking we're going to get players like Hooper, Sharp, Phillips etc when he finally does come i feel many people will be hugely underwhelmed.
Who do i think it should be? Well i dont think any £1m plus player would come here for starters, why you ask, because in my books no player below this league is worth near that figure apart from MAYBE Le Fondre, so he's the only one in lower leagues. In this league, all the 20+ goal a season players are already playing for the best clubs in this league, Maclean, Mackail Smith, Lambert, Barnard etc.. so why would they jump ship. Finally anyone playing in the championship worth a million pounds is going to be someone who can clearly play at that level, so would be very unlikely to leave, let alone fit into our wage bill.
Luke Varney (not even in Derby's squad on saturday and just turned down return to Crewe), Brett Pittman, Theo Robinson, Le Fondre (fee depending), Tyson (now Southampton deal is seemingly dead), David Mcgoldrick.

Well written sir...agree with you totally. Sadly it wont stop the ridiculous threads that keep appearing about totally unrealistic strikers !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here