Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rooney leaving everton?

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Bent has joined everton from ipswich for £450,000 - do you reckon they are getting ready already to get rid of rooney? Not much of a replacement though.

In fact does anyone actually care?

I know I don't, I thought this would be an intersting thread, then just realised it is rubbish, please ignore.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
RoyalAli said:
No.
If he leaves, it will have signalled that Everton have NO ambition.
They don't need to sell him.

disagree with that, they sell Rooney and bring in 4-5 decent players and have a much stronger team able to get higher in the Prem...therefore having ambition!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
RoyalAli said:
When you sold Zamora did your team improve after the spending to replace him?
In my opinion you looked far stronger with him than without him, and with others.

different kettle of fish altogether, he wanted to leave and we needed the money for the Falmer Inquiry.

With Rooney we are talking millions and not one team revolves around one player. Everton will do shit next season with him but getting in 4-5 decent new players will give them a chance of getting a higher place finish.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Rooney will go.

Man Utd being his prefered choice I think.

Big Bucks and several players included.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How much is he going for 30 million??? Nobody is worth that much, no brains if they don't take it rather than no ambition if they do.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Marshy is probably closer to the mark, plus Everton are so far in the red that it would probably make good business sense to offload him after the Euro's whilst he is still a demi-god. I know it won't make their fans happy and does smack of lack of ambition but when taken against the very future of their team then I think we know what the answer will probably be.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont see a players like Butt and Solskjaer going to Everton. more likly go to Chelsea especially if players a part of a deal as Mourinho has said he want to trim the squad so would have a couple of candidates, plus they got the money. And Liverpool wont sell Gerrard.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Gazza tipped him today to become the worlds first £100million player in a few years time. It will all depend on what he does next season at club level wherever that may be. Lets face it he as not been great for Everton this year. If he goes to somewhere like Man Ure or Chelski though, he will be playing with some of the worlds best playes. Thi swill either make or break him. If i was Everton I would take the money now before he flops again at club level.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He still has two years left on his contract. I think at the moment he will want to stay near his family.

He will still only be 20 when his contract is up and the World cup is being played.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
being 20 by then he cant do a end of contract demand type thing, a la saha's demand to fulham. so its all in evertons hands.

Going to Man Utd could damage his career I think

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He should come to us for a season on loan.

It will help him develop as a player! :lolol:

Rooney and Knight the dream team! :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When he moves it needs to be a very good club - I think he should go abroad and become a better player.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
go abroad. not another parallel with Gazza:nono: and I could almost see Rooney doing a reckless FA cup '91 style Gazza challenge, but not to that extent, but still, I see alot that reminds me of him

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
its a win win situation for everton. either keep the wonder player or clear the debts comfortably and buy lots of players.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Everton would be able to pay off their debt and bring in a few new players with the money. 3-4 good signings are likely to have more of a combined impact on Everton's fortunes than Rooney would on his own.

As for what club would be best for him, I just hope that for his and England's sake he goes somewhere that looks after him. Not sure Chelsea would be such a good move in this respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here