Ronaldo will he stay or go?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What do you reckon? Ferguson has said he's going nowhere but will he have the balls to leave him to rot in the reserves if he doesn't come round or will the Glaziers force him to cash in.

Before you say you don't give a f***...ask yourself why you opened this thread :lol:

Personally think he'll go to Madrid before long, certainly hope he does then Fergie will know what it's like to have a player poached instead of doing the poaching.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
To be honest Icy i couldn't give a toss.It doesn't affect Brighton which is my main concern.But if you want an answer from me,i hope he stays.He is a player worth watching.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be honest Icy i couldn't give a toss.It doesn't affect Brighton which is my main concern.But if you want an answer from me,i hope he stays.He is a player worth watching.

Don't disagree but this forum would fall flat on it's face in a few days if all we did was talk about Mayo, Hart, Kuipers, Falmer and all things Brighton don't you think?

I have a passing interest in all the rants from the premiership managers and prima donnas that play there. The beauty is that I really don't care but I enjoy watching and listening to the fall out.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I normally have an interest for the Premiership dealings, but this one has gone too far and I simply don't care anymore. If he goes, then he gets what he wants and what everyone else probably expected. If he stays, surely he gets put in the reserves, considering he doesn't even want to play for the club.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If he goes it will only be for money as I consider United to be better than Real Madrid

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If he goes it will only be for money as I consider United to be better than Real Madrid

I'd disagree

Weather
Quality of life
Nicer City
Better history as a club
Bigger crowds
The main reason United are European Champions is because they had Ronaldo in their side.

Madrid are bigger than United imo and if they land Ronaldo will probably do better than them in Europe this season as well.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I hope he goes:

1) It will be bad for Man Utd and possibly make for a more interesting Premiership race if his absence weakens them.

2) We won't have to see his ugly mug when watching the Premiership highlights every week.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It amuses me that Fergy is annoyed when his player is tapped up but it's OK for him to do it to other clubs eg Berbatov at Spurs.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It amuses me that Fergy is annoyed when his player is tapped up but it's OK for him to do it to other clubs eg Berbatov at Spurs.

Absolutely right there. But like Algie I could care less although if Ron tripped and broke his leg as a Real player I would have a smile. Perhaps Fergie will swallow his hair drier and stop boring the rest of us with his total two faced bullshit.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
honest opinion, i think he will stay, but only for this season.
hopefully he does go, opens the title race for other teams.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The player always gets the upper hand in these matters. Sir Alex can huff and puff as much as he likes, but Ronaldo will have the last word.

I'm also in the couldn't give a shit camp-although I hope all of this posturing backfires for both parties. The ManUre fans should give the Portugese winker nothing but a hard time from now on-he signed a new contract just recently and now doesn't want to honour it and clearly doesn't want to play for the scum anymore. He doesn't deserve their support or loyalty. But they're Mancs so they'll probably be kissing his ass all season (if he stays) in the hope he won't go.

Frankly, the whole thing has become boring now and it will be nice when other clubs and players get some of the headlines. Oh, and for it's worth, I think he'll be at Madrid soon-before ManUre have time to cup-tie him in Europe. If he plays one European game then I'd expect Madrid to wait until next summer.

Can't see it weakening them too much either-sadly. They'll just sign Berbatov and the Winker will be forgotten...

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
He needs to stay, because it sends the right message down through the leagues to us,sign a contract and honor it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He needs to stay, because it sends the right message down through the leagues to us,sign a contract and honor it.

I genuinely don't think that our players see Ronaldo as a role model for the decisions they are likely to make in their careers.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'd disagree

Weather
Quality of life
Nicer City
Better history as a club
Bigger crowds
The main reason United are European Champions is because they had Ronaldo in their side.

Madrid are bigger than United imo and if they land Ronaldo will probably do better than them in Europe this season as well.

These 2 clubs couldnt be more on a par with each other.

The only reason he wants to go there is the climate and to be nearer home.
Madrid are no bigger than Utd, both sides have a huge amount of History, Utds record in the last 10 years trophy wise is probably superior.

Bigger crowds are you sure ?....again...i would say if anything Utd probably have the bigger fan base, and if they had a stadium that held 100k would still fill it comfortably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports