Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ronaldo leaves lan utd

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking forward to him falling out with Potter by Easter (assuming he’s still there)

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
This indicates exactly why Potter's move to Chelsea was such a ridiculous error in football terms. Boehly wants 'celebrity' - Potter's whole modus operandi is egalitarianism and mutual respect in his line-ups. I am astonished he didn't see this coming. Or maybe he did and just thought of the money, regardless of the future effect on his career, in which case he is not the supreme tactician I thought he was.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This indicates exactly why Potter's move to Chelsea was such a ridiculous error in football terms. Boehly wants 'celebrity' - Potter's whole modus operandi is egalitarianism and mutual respect in his line-ups. I am astonished he didn't see this coming. Or maybe he did and just thought of the money, regardless of the future effect on his career, in which case he is not the supreme tactician I thought he was.
If a club owner wants celebrity, a big name, some footballing stardust then they don't appoint Graham Potter as their manager. There were far more glamorous names available to Boehly and his bulging wallet.

I'd be amazed if Ronaldo ends up at Chelsea. According to current reports they are either favourite to sign him or have absolutely no interest at all. Take your pick.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 12.31.41.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Eh? This is almost certainly covering old ground but, in 'football terms', no aspirational manager would turn down the opportunity to further their career by taking charge of a club that are competing in the Champions League, potentially challenging for the title and boasts a squad of world-class players.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Just worth remembering isn't it.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
From the BBC transfer gossip page:

AFC Crewe, who play in the 14th tier in the English football pyramid, have offered Ronaldo a club record £35 per week, which would make him the highest paid player at the club. (Star)
He'll enjoy Crewe, as long he develops a taste for Staffordshire Oatcakes from just down the M6.

Lightly toasted with some crispy bacon, slice of Black Pudding and a fried egg on top - sod off Barcelona... :lolol:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My moral compass would be destroyed by that offer and I would gladly sell my soul to the loveable Saudi rogues.
I would concur with you, if it was your first big pay day, such a life changing amount, anyone would find that hard to turn down, knowing they want you so bad, you could possibly get away with murder (as long as they were immigrants or non Muslim)

But I would find it hard to justify to anyone with 490million already sat in my bank account accruing interest, the offer was too good to turn down.

So, on that basis and facts, you can judge him and condemn him if he accepts.

Ronaldo, I am not your biggest fan, but I recognise your talent and utter genius at times, go to the MLS and help the game grow, do not sell your soul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here