Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Romain Vincelot

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Naylor says signed mainly as cover at right back but once he is here I think he will even surprise Gus. Energy levels to match CSM, breaks well from midfield and can run with the ball. Good at getting into the box and good heading ability. Maybe comes up short on picking a pass but if Gus can work his magic may play more in midfield than people think and likely to be a fans' favourite. Good signing.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Naylor says signed mainly as cover at right back but once he is here I think he will even surprise Gus. Energy levels to match CSM, breaks well from midfield and can run with the ball. Good at getting into the box and good heading ability. Maybe comes up short on picking a pass but if Gus can work his magic may play more in midfield than people think and likely to be a fans' favourite. Good signing.

Bargain for £100k if that's what it turns out to be.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Vincelot was good for D & R but am a little concerned that he wont be good enough for The Championship even as back up. I would be happier if Gus was signing a player who was gauranteed to be a first choice either centre back or attacking midfieler. Little concerned that he appears to now be concentrating on quantity to make up the squad rather than the quality that we will need for The Championship, but then again who am I to argue with Gus.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Think you are wrong BG. He would be a squad full back but I think he can start in midfield once he gets a chance. Guarantee you will love his style

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think Vincelot was good for D & R but am a little concerned that he wont be good enough for The Championship even as back up. I would be happier if Gus was signing a player who was gauranteed to be a first choice either centre back or attacking midfieler. Little concerned that he appears to now be concentrating on quantity to make up the squad rather than the quality that we will need for The Championship, but then again who am I to argue with Gus.

Norwich fans probably thought the same thing when they signed Crofts last season.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally posted by Shampton Seagull

Originally Posted by severnside gull
Bargain for £100k if that's what it turns out to be.

This - 12 goals for a team narrowly avoiding relegation of which ten were headed ! - Their player of the year. Yes Please

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think you are wrong BG. He would be a squad full back but I think he can start in midfield once he gets a chance. Guarantee you will love his style

I was well impressed when we played D & R at Withdean but we are going up a division and I am not sure that he is better than the players we have. I was rather looking for a player with that little bit of sparkle like EB had for us. A good constructive player who could produce that bit of magic unexpectedly.

Yes but this guy is not "quantity" he is quality. Calderon will not be able to have as many bad games as he was allowed last season with this guy only as cover. As aforementioned, 12 goals and 10 from headers. He is sheer, brut POWER with some skill to go. Perfect Championship player by my reckoning.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Gus has another of his men, that can only be good news.
Maybe comes up short on picking a pass but if Gus can work his magic may play more in midfield than people think and likely to be a fans' favourite.
If his main downside is not being able to pick a pass, I'm not sure what he'd be doing in the middle of Gus's passing side?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Think he'll be excellent option on the bench for multiple positions. Tanno can retire again now once he settles. We can't have 22 stars but think he'll be an important part of 15 or so games a season.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
We're signing a lot of players from League One and League Two clubs. It might be a bit of a risk. Maybe we should invest in solid Championship players (like Buckley) more?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We're signing a lot of players from League One and League Two clubs. It might be a bit of a risk. Maybe we should invest in solid Championship players (like Buckley) more?
I can see your point as this did cross my mind. The players we have signed have played in the Championship so it's not like they don't have any experience. I can only presume Established Championship players might command a higher fee unless they are looking for a last pay packet. The players we have signed so far are of good age and i'm sure Gus will work on them. I am hoping for another real quality signing like LuaLua or a Premiership player on loan that we have no chance of buying.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gus Poyet has turned Adam El Abd into a footballer. El Abd was a third division reserve defender prone to regular stupid errors.

If he can do that with El Abd, imagine what he could do with a lad who was already the outstanding player at a club more or less at the same level as we were before Poyet got started.

There is plenty of room for the likes of Vincelot, give the bloke a bloody chance.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brighton Swoop , most clubs just sign players, we swoop .

Is it me or does he not look a little similar to that other player we was swooping for, micky owen .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here