Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Roma v Liverpool

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Klopp “We have to play two more Champions League semi-finals in the Premier League, that’s the first job to do, but we have two weeks to prepare for the final and we will use that time.”

That doesn’t sound like someone who intends to take his foot off the pedal, unfortunately.
Yeah and I'm not convinced that Liverpool playing a team of players on the fringe of a Champions League squad place is going to work out well for us either. That said, if they rest Salah, Milner (he's been in superb form this season) and Van Dijk then I'll be satisfied.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah and I'm not convinced that Liverpool playing a team of players on the fringe of a Champions League squad place is going to work out well for us either. That said, if they rest Salah, Milner (he's been in superb form this season) and Van Dijk then I'll be satisfied.

If this tired LFC team lose against a rested Chelsea team, LFC will have to play a full strength team against us. Unfortunate, but top 4 essential.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If this tired LFC team lose against a rested Chelsea team, LFC will have to play a full strength team against us. Unfortunate, but top 4 essential.

You're right. And sadly we could do with Chelsea winning that one, because they have Huddersfield a home next up.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I think LFC will beat Chelsea. The problem I see is that there is a two week gap between our game and the Reds. So, LFC need 3 points to guarantee top four, if they get those points at Chelsea the pressures off for four weeks. Players at this level need games not training sessions. It may well be that the top players will want to play the last game of the season, at Anfield, top four secured, or not, with a CL final in two weeks time. The atmosphere should be fantastic.....
I think us staying up is going to be in others hands, we had our chance earlier to take control but we didn’t take it. Going to be very, very close, all though I’d love it if I was wrong:)

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Sadly, he actually said...

"We've been entertaining [throughout our Champions League campaign]. We've got an important game against Chelsea at the weekend before the last game of the season against Brighton and obviously Madrid in the final. It won't be easy but we'll go there [to Kiev] with confidence."

I'm pretty happy that you can now write a sentence with Champions League Final, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Brighton all somehow linked. That shows how far we've come.... still hoping that you can still write a similar sentence next season - and I believe its very likely.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if i read the table correctly, if Liverpool beat Chelsea they have secured top 4, and Spurs will likely pass them anyway with extra game. so they'll go into last game with a mind on the final, it still wont be an easy game up there they'll want to finish on a win, but no pressure bit of a celebration feel and play out a score draw? main point being, dont see them resting or letting up for Chelsea game as that seals Champions League football for them.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
According to police reports in Rome, out of over at least 5000 LFC fans only one red was arrested.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The bookies and I called this right. Teams not in Europe, especially containing Chelsea’s mega stars, will brush aside teams knackered from a load of European games.

Shite WBA and Stoke recently got results against Liverpool for the same reason. This is a massive opportunity for Albion to get a result at Anfield. Liverpool have simply run out of gas after 50 plus matches. I can see Murray scoring against a team that still can’t defend aerial balls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here