Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rolls Royce to Robin Reliant

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Oh Gary Hart was as cheap as it gets... £250 and a kit?

Not so much a Rolls Royce but more of a Robin Reliant wheel, to a nice family car.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Sorry to be pedantic, that vehicle is a Reliant Regal Supervan.

Thank you. I've just corrected my original post. I'm not particularly good at cars, even ones I've owned!

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Colin Kazim-Richards

Arrived with a huge media fanfare and expectations he could be a key part of our future at our new stadium.

Last seen, lolloping around the Amex for Blackburn making homophobic gestures at our fans.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So many ‘wrong’ answers on here. It’s not about shit signings (eg Farrington), plenty of them. Nor expensive signings that failed to deliver (eg Locadia). And certainly not players who were ok/fairly decent but perhaps not quite as good as hoped (CMS). It’s about those really ‘bigged up’ they just didn’t deliver.

Haven’t really seen any creditable suggestions so far, beyond the OPs though didn’t know that about Junior Mac so have learnt something tonight (he was ok, scored a few etc)

Hmmmm, tricky one this. Who is our George Weahs brother type? The one that springs to mind for me is Paul Kitson, but not because he was terrible, but because never got on the pitch due to injuries poor bloke! So not sure that counts.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Didn't Alan Mullery describe Darren Hughes as 'the best thing since sliced bread', or something similar, before he signed?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Colin Kazim-Richards

Arrived with a huge media fanfare and expectations he could be a key part of our future at our new stadium.

Last seen, lolloping around the Amex for Blackburn making homophobic gestures at our fans.

For which he was fined and for which he has 'no regrets'. Dick.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The Albion signing who came in with huge expectation and left to a chorus of derision.

Two spring to mind for me.

Junior McDougald, Liam Brady announced his signing at the 1994 Gulls Eye Dinner at the Dudley Hotel, raved about him, saying he could turn out to be another Peter Ward.

Jason Peake, huge outlay for where the club was at the time, his kinder critics would say he disappointing, the more cynical amongst us would argue he was actually nicking a living at the Goldstone.

Junior McDougald? Back off. I thought he was great (as an impressionable 12 year old). His signing helped be get over losing Kurt Nogan to Burnley.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Junior McDougald? Back off. I thought he was great (as an impressionable 12 year old). His signing helped be get over losing Kurt Nogan to Burnley.

Nogan moved about 7 months after JM signed though!
Nogan’s replacement was actually John Byrne for his third stint with us.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Oh Gary Hart was as cheap as it gets... £250 and a kit?

Not so much a Rolls Royce but more of a Robin Reliant wheel, to a nice family car.

Sometimes in football it's best just go with the home crowd,we have all done keep your trap shut etc and so often you would hear 'closed down the nippy winger'. 'Take him out/don't let him get past you'. Gary Hart is what his surname tells you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here