Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[News] Rolf

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Does anyone know why a foreign convicted child sex offender was allowed to stay in the country?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He lived for far too long.
Why can't these paedos be spotted earlier? Surely they all have certain traits that can be spotted? I thought I heard once that many live near schools or playgrounds, does anyone know if that is true?

How close is ā€œcloseā€? And what do you suggest? Round up every bloke who lives near a school?

This post is genuinely melting my brain.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why can't these paedos be spotted earlier? Surely they all have certain traits that can be spotted? I thought I heard once that many live near schools or playgrounds, does anyone know if that is true?
The biggest problem in the past was that children werenā€™t believed. Especially in families, even women would tell children to keep quiet because it would ruin the family if uncle or grandad went to prison. Women couldnā€™t cope with paying rent etc if fathers went to jail, so covered it up.
Itā€™s only in the last 20 years, historic sexual abuse has started to be believed and prosecuted. This includes boys being abused at school, and in football clubs.

Itā€™s part of the fear and coercion ā€˜theyā€™ll never believe you, over meā€™

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
At best, you're an ignorant fool.

That;s being f***ing polite in my book.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The biggest problem in the past was that children werenā€™t believed. Especially in families, even women would tell children to keep quiet because it would ruin the family if uncle or grandad went to prison. Women couldnā€™t cope with paying rent etc if fathers went to jail, so covered it up.
Itā€™s only in the last 20 years, historic sexual abuse has started to be believed and prosecuted. This includes boys being abused at school, and in football clubs.

Whilst that's true, to a point, the key issue is abuse of power.

things have been getting better over the last 25-30 years . . . but too many people abuse their position. Still.

Every now and then I get really f***ing angry. . . My little brother suffered and I knew of the man, and thought he was weird, too nice . . . I was 16, by brother was only 12 . . . There are loads more locally who I'm sure have never told of their abuse, or who were involved, either or both ways. . . I can remember a few names and faces . . . Thankfully the main ****s dead too now.

Harrris Glitter and Particularly Saville need to be remembered so people learn. . . . .it's a shame more aren't held to account for aiding and abetting.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

It was rife. Those in teaching went from school to school, when they got found out they moved on.

Chesworth school in Horsham in early to mid 70s, teacher moved on very very quickly. Incident uncovered, off to another school, turned out similar had happened in previous school. Just passed around. My mum worked at the school so knew the details.

Teacher at Colyers in mid to late 70s, ran some religious group, suddenly left and pitched up at forest boys. Loved a shower inspection and a groin injury it seemed. Never prosecuted/caught out but he was clearly a dodgy guy.

They even had the paedophile information exchange around that time, political support. Unbelievable, seen as a persecuted group these paedophiles at that time.

No wonder there were so many that thought they could do what they wanted. Those in power with nothing to fear.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
I always thought Rof Harris was a tosser
Playing stupid musical instruments,waffle board or whatever itā€™s called that 3 legged bloke thing which is weird and crap jokes and always trying to be funny and all the time he looked very strange with that stupid beard and silly clobberā€¦.Iā€™ve never liked him so good riddance to bad Aussie rubbish and advance Australia fair to you fecking Matilda up your Perth Harris Harris rant over

franks brother

šŸ˜€

Attachments

• 20230524_065307.jpg
    20230524_065307.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 29

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Canā€™t say I ever liked Savile or his tv shows. Always thought he was a strange, scary man. That was years before I even knew what a rapist or paedophile was.

But yeah, Rolf Harris was good fun when I was a kid. I had his stilophone thing, paint by numbers sets and annuals.

Of course now I realise, he was just better at hiding what a thoroughly nasty **** he was, than Savile who juts about stoped short of wearing an
ā€œIā€™m a creepy, necrophiliac nonceā€ sign around his neck.
I would have to say I never liked Jimmy Savile either, and neither did our girls as children. Strange and scary are the right words, and never remotely funny or entertaining.

Rolf Harris on the other hand was great, remembering things like ā€œTie me Kangaroo down, sport!ā€, and his painting live on TV, all of which made the revelations about his crimes all the more sickening, as was subsequently his seeming total lack of remorse about it all. Vile man.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As an educated Gentleman, I'd have thought you'd learn the lesson after one gig. šŸ˜‚
First time he was with a string quartet. Second time a full band. Top man.

Fire.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
All through his trial and all the pictures, I kept seeing his wife and daughter, desperately trying to display loyalty ( presumably because he had persuaded them of his innocence ) and then, post trial, two broken individuals.
There are victims left behind and there are families left behind. They have spent their whole lives alongside someone with a dark secret, who they loved and trusted. It is the ultimate betrayal. Too many lives tainted and ruined.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
First time he was with a string quartet. Second time a full band. Top man.

Fire.
If I had to name a one hit wonder, he would be the first to spring to mind.

He once spoke to me at Ibiza airport and asked me if Iā€™d seen Ian Anderson who he was supposed to be meeting. When I said no, he asked me to let him know that Arthur Browne was looking for him if I did see him. I didnā€™t see either of them again because I left the airport :smile:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is odd, and obviously very shocking, to recollect my childhood was full of watching these great tv shows that I loved... all featuring a motley crew of peados. Now, if one was to focus on my music tastes back then (when I was more a teenager) too harshly then that was also chock full of rock n roll peados and their records played on the radio.... by a load of DJ peados. FFS.
It was never really explained why a certain singer paid $50m hush money to shut up a family after their child would sleep with said singer

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
My mate said that there is going to be a minute silence at the game tonight for Ralph Harrisā€¦.surely not it canā€™t possibly be allowed to happen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here