Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rolf Harris charged

King Barnes

Jul 20, 2013
Very well put

Ok I get that but all these blokes since Saville came to light have had a good fan base and there would of been a lot of "sad" people. Nothing now surprises me of that generation. All massively taking the piss out of their positions in society.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think he said sad in terms of someone who to many seemed to be beyond reproach - lovable old Rolf Harris, so there will be some illusions being shattered here.

I, for example, would have been prepared to believe it of Jim Davidson, who has been cleared, but find it a lot more difficult to accept of Rolf harris.

But agree that, if he is found guilty, he should be dealt with appropriately.

I agree with this.

I thought of the lot of them that Rolf would be cleared.

I am most surprised by the fact the indecent images were last year.

The saddest thing about it though is the lives that he has (allegedly) ruined and the fact that if the Stuart Hall conviction is anything to go by, he will not even be punished to the extent he should.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Ok I get that but all these blokes since Saville came to light have had a good fan base and there would of been a lot of "sad" people. Nothing now surprises me of that generation. All massively taking the piss out of their positions in society.

Don't worry - your generation will find their own particular vileness in time.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
As a 70's child I feel somewhat let down by these people, they put so much fun into kids TV and in some way we looked up to them as kids.

They've let a whole generation down (if guilty of course).

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
So when Mike Reid shouted RUUUUUUUUUUUN AROUND NOW it was not part of the game it was because Rolf was walking into the studio.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Did Cheggars play POP in a who's the daddy kind of way?.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think he said sad in terms of someone who to many seemed to be beyond reproach - lovable old Rolf Harris, so there will be some illusions being shattered here.

I, for example, would have been prepared to believe it of Jim Davidson, who has been cleared, but find it a lot more difficult to accept of Rolf harris.

But agree that, if he is found guilty, he should be dealt with appropriately.

Absolutely this.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Are the indecent images photos or drawings/paintings? If the latter then that's a real quandary. I'm a great believer in the maxim that victimless crimes are not crimes. I know people have been prosecuted for this but I'm not sure it's entirely fair.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Are the indecent images photos or drawings/paintings? If the latter then that's a real quandary. I'm a great believer in the maxim that victimless crimes are not crimes. I know people have been prosecuted for this but I'm not sure it's entirely fair.

If its a painting do they know what it is yet?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

I have no information on this but they could conceivably be pictures he has which he's using as source material for a painting he's working on? It seems odd given the "noise" around such issues and celebrities that a then 82 year old would be "active".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here