Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He is ok as a cdm to break up play but doesnt use his height or strength to the full. Not top Championship quality will be ok midtable.

Pretty much this really. Central midfield is an area where we are currently strong, and Rohan hasn't been able to force his way into the side.

Over the past couple of seasons he has played quite a few games for two different managers, and was used more as a box to box kind of player. A wild exagerration I know, but reminded me in many ways of a young Yaya Toure with his height and his playing style.

We need to remember too that he is a young player, very much a work in progress, and will only get better.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Plays like a drunk young Yaya Toure. That is both a massive compliment and a slight insult.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have post traumatic stress disorder from witnessing the tackles against Norwich and Arsenal. Perfectly legit and very thorough. In the couple of games I went to at the end of last season I thought he was one of our best players, you certainly wouldn't want to have him on you Case (pun intended) for 90 minutes.

And therein lies one of the reasons for his departure. Last year, near the end of the season he was invaluable to Albion because what was needed to try and pick up points to stay up, was to keep clean sheets because we did not have the personnel to score goals - And dare I say it, that may be the position Fulham find themselves in now.

This year is different for Albion. We have progressed and moved on. We pick up our pints by dominating of the majority of games now, although as I said in other threads, I really would have kept hold of him until the end of the season because he is good at closing games out when you have a lead. Although you might find that Sidwell can do that just as effectively.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
And therein lies one of the reasons for his departure. Last year, near the end of the season he was invaluable to Albion because what was needed to try and pick up points to stay up, was to keep clean sheets because we did not have the personnel to score goals - And dare I say it, that may be the position Fulham find themselves in now.

This year is different for Albion. We have progressed and moved on. We pick up our pints by dominating of the majority of games now, although as I said in other threads, I really would have kept hold of him until the end of the season because he is good at closing games out when you have a lead. Although you might find that Sidwell can do that just as effectively.

He didn't close the Derby game out very well.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Tip 1. Widen the Craven Cottage pitch to allow for stray passes.
Tip 2. Replace the centre circle with a train turntable to allow for Rohan to pivot on the spot rather than his usual turning circle of a cruise liner.
Tip 3. Accept he's one of those FOOT-BALL-ers who isn't very good with the BALL at his FOOT.
Tip 4. Just keep saying "he's so tall and powerful" and "he's still young" to cover the other major issues in his game. Let's call it the Micah Richards syndrome.
Tip 5. Then get criticised by fellow fans for daring to actually see that he isn't very good, and not sticking to the "he has potential" and "he will improve" when, at 23, he really should be able to control a ball and pass it 99% of the time.

But hey, he's made 2 good tackles in games we lost so all is good.

You really are not a fan ;-)

If I made that post about Mr Crofts I would have been bombarded with endless abuse.

PS I think Ince is way better than Crofts ;-)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He didn't close the Derby game out very well.

The fact that we have won so many games by only one goal suggests his success rate is better than his fail rate in that regard. It is easy to cherry pick isolated games where he failed

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Tip 1. Widen the Craven Cottage pitch to allow for stray passes.
Tip 2. Replace the centre circle with a train turntable to allow for Rohan to pivot on the spot rather than his usual turning circle of a cruise liner.
Tip 3. Accept he's one of those FOOT-BALL-ers who isn't very good with the BALL at his FOOT.
Tip 4. Just keep saying "he's so tall and powerful" and "he's still young" to cover the other major issues in his game. Let's call it the Micah Richards syndrome.
Tip 5. Then get criticised by fellow fans for daring to actually see that he isn't very good, and not sticking to the "he has potential" and "he will improve" when, at 23, he really should be able to control a ball and pass it 99% of the time.

But hey, he's made 2 good tackles in games we lost so all is good.

Me thinks we have been watching different players.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A good central midfielder who makes sideways 5 yard passes well but any further than that and the pass may not make it.

Not a threat going forward and sometimes caught sleeping so ball gets passed beyond him but does get back to help out with defending.

Decent enough player, but won't add much in an attacking sense. With him in the middle of the park the opposition will be pushed wider which means you may face more crosses into the box

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Me thinks we have been watching different players.

Luckily, I think the manager has watched the same one as me, hence the 4 midfielders ahead of him.

The funny thing is, I'm the ULTIMATE defender of players. I can normally see the good qualities even if its submerged in other poorer ones. Seriously, check on NSC. I defended Billy Paynter :lolol:

However, with Rohan, I just can pretend anymore. If at 23 you lack the BASIC footballing abilities (which even his "pro" camp acknowledge he lacks), then I have little hope that you will suddenly improve with this.

Do I HOPE the bloke will go out on loan, storm it at Fulham and come back a better player? absolutely. But I just can't see that happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here