Rohan Ince

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think he was definitely what you could call 'raw' in his first few games this season but he has got better and better each game leading up to what I thought on Saturday was his best and most mature performance.

He and Bridcutt are a real force in the middle and I really don't think its a coincidence that Lopez and Conway's best performances of the season came in the match that we started with Ince and Bridcutt together for the first time.

Spot on. Was great watching Crofts, Ince and Bridcutt interchange on Saturday. We really won the midfield battle which gave us the platform to take the game to Leicester.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I suppose there's no point asking Insider whether negotiations for a new contract are ongoing, as these tend to be kept very hush hush.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The difference between Ince in his first couple of games, and his most recent couple of games (confidence, back-tracking, timing of tackles, staying on his feet, quality of passing, movement, vision etc.) is astonishing, especially considering there's only been about 10 games in between.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think he was definitely what you could call 'raw' in his first few games this season but he has got better and better each game leading up to what I thought on Saturday was his best and most mature performance.

He and Bridcutt are a real force in the middle and I really don't think its a coincidence that Lopez and Conway's best performances of the season came in the match that we started with Ince and Bridcutt together for the first time.

'Fare' point. (Geddit?).

Sorry.

Seriously, I think a corner has been turned in the midfield thinking. Orlandi may yet have to wait once he's ready.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Reminds me a bit of Marcel Desailly when he first came to prominence

I was sat front row in Bournemouth, and it was the first time I'd seen Ince really up close, and he is every inch a young Patrick Viera to me. Even his slightly inward feet, the way he runs, his balance. It's a striking resemblance.

Not bad reminding people of Viera or Desailly though!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
'Fare' point. (Geddit?).

Sorry.

Seriously, I think a corner has been turned in the midfield thinking. Orlandi may yet have to wait once he's ready.

It certainly helps that were not having to rush Orlandi back, but for me and I think Oscar, Orlandi is a very key player and sat in front of Ince and Bridcutt could be just lovely to watch :)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It certainly helps that were not having to rush Orlandi back, but for me and I think Oscar, Orlandi is a very key player and sat in front of Ince and Bridcutt could be just lovely to watch :)

I like the idea of Buckley and Orlandi being the wide players but both having licence to roam

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

I think Orlandi will take over from Conway when he's back sitting on his arse at Cardiff (shame, as think he's been one of our best players in the last few games), and Ince, Bridders and Crofty are the future until Bridders leaves.

Dec 29, 2011
Spot on. Was great watching Crofts, Ince and Bridcutt interchange on Saturday. We really won the midfield battle which gave us the platform to take the game to Leicester.

Bridcutt, Ince and to a lesser extent Crofts are all excellent at tackling players. Having two of these three allowed to press higher up the pitch while the third sits deep for cover will make us very hard to play against. Pressing high is what Barca like to do, and something Garcia has got the team to do a lot recently (one thing that contrasts most to Poyet IMO).

Disclaimer before a Palace fan takes this out of context: I'm not comparing us to Barca.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm just looking forward to Ince receiving the ball 25 yards out and hitting a screamer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Bridders and Ince are central, I really dont see the need for Crofts in there too... harsh i know

Id rather see Orlandi in there or Kemy, Kemy central with Orlandi left side and Buckley or Lua Lua on the other wing...

Either way an exciting looking side

kjgood

I think Ince is developing well and by no means out of his depth. If he and Bridcutt manage to put a good run of games together i can see them becoming quite a force at this level. For me, i'd like to see Ince break into the box more often when he has the ball at his feet, like YaYa he'll frighten defences if he does that. But overall an excellent performance against the team that was the Championship leaders no less.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Reminds me a bit of Marcel Desailly when he first came to prominence

I've said it before on NSC, and am just repeating what Bold Seagull is saying, he's more reminiscent of Patrick Vieira, and will become even more so when he becomes the box-to-box midfielder to complement Bridcutt's DCM role, or even when they alternate those roles between them, as they seemed to be doing on Saturday. Others have compared him to Yaya Toure. I think we need to start a thread on who his play replicates the most (which will probably prompt a lot of responses saying 'why can't he just be Rohan Ince, why does he have to be compared to Vieira/Toure/Desailly?).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If Bridders and Ince are central, I really dont see the need for Crofts in there too... harsh i know

Id rather see Orlandi in there or Kemy, Kemy central with Orlandi left side and Buckley or Lua Lua on the other wing...

I like this too. Front six of:
Bridcutt -- Ince
Agustein
Buckley ------------------- Orlandi
Ulloa
with three of Barnes, KLL, Crofts and CMS to come on as subs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

This. If Bridcutt and Ince were fully fit and in form, I would hope we could then have more creative attacking players ahead of them. Crofts has been superb over the last couple of months when we've needed that engine in the midfield, but with Bridcutt and Ince he may be surplus to requirements, and behind the likes of Agustien, Lopez and Orlandi in terms of much needed creativity going forward.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've said it before on NSC, and am just repeating what Bold Seagull is saying, he's more reminiscent of Patrick Vieira, and will become even more so when he becomes the box-to-box midfielder to complement Bridcutt's DCM role, or even when they alternate those roles between them, as they seemed to be doing on Saturday. Others have compared him to Yaya Toure. I think we need to start a thread on who his play replicates the most (which will probably prompt a lot of responses saying 'why can't he just be Rohan Ince, why does he have to be compared to Vieira/Toure/Desailly?).

Or why are we all so RACIST?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had he stayed labelled as a centre back, which he was in August, my feeling is that he would have been let go at the end of his current deal. He is not strong enough in the air to compete. As a defensive midfielder he has made astonishing strides in a very short time but I would counsel against getting carried away just yet. He has obvious promise but still lacks a lot, especially in the final third where he could eventually prove a real threat to opposing teams by adding a final attacking pass or shot to his armoury. Early days still and fans will need to be patient when OG rests him as he must from time to time for his own good. Glad to see so many people seeing him and Bridcutt as a pairing rather than a knee-jerk view that we can afford to let Bridders go and Ince replace him. Ince could eventually be a far more genuine box to box player but he will learn most by playing alongside an experienced quality partner

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports