Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto Di Matteo

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Nether Steve Bruce or Chris can really go to Villa, having managed Birmingham. Look what happened to Alex Mc Leish when he crossed over. Your on a hiding to nothing before you start with the fans.

I was thinking this. When Big 'eck went there from Birmingham before he never got a fair crack at the whip. He kept them up and in hindsight given he had to sell his best players and buy on the cheap he did a decent job but the bufoons who support Villa wouldn't forgive him for having allegiances with their near neighbours from Small Heath. Perhaps given their desperate plight they may be more generous with Bruce but I'd still think a couple of poor results and they'll soon be on his back.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Let us hope they don't come knocking at our door for Chris.

I wonder if he would be tempted ?

I very much doubt he would be tempted. Ignoring the apparently trigger happy chairman and a club still in turmoil from last year, he's a former Birmingham manager and still popular there. Very much doubt he'd be wanted by Villa fans (for that reason) and he seems more loyal to clubs than that. And finally I think we've got a much better chance of going up this season than them.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Is Bradley the first ever US manager in English football? I'm certain he's the first in the PL

In the Premier League, yes, but didn't Chester have some weird owner/manager back in the late 90s/early 2000s? I think he was an American Football coach, and I remember him at Withdean, barking out strange instructions to his baffled players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I said it was on Rumours yesterday that he was going today to be replaced by either Bruce or if they can get him Dean Smith from Brentford who was previously with Walsall so probably still has a house there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly what I thought. Bruce will get the gig though in my opinion.

Bruce will turn them around if he chooses to take the job. he has got two very average Hull sides promoted. Getting Villa up will be simple by comparison. Hope he turns them down if offered.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In the Premier League, yes, but didn't Chester have some weird owner/manager back in the late 90s/early 2000s? I think he was an American Football coach, and I remember him at Withdean, barking out strange instructions to his baffled players.

Danny Cullips debut for the Albion that game!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
What has done for Di Matteo is no win in nine. Their only real standout poor result was losing on saturday to Preston 0-2. I wouldn't call the following ( considering who they've played ) particularly bad results....
Wednesday ( a )....0-1
Rotherham ( h ).....3-0
Huddersfld..( h )....1-1
Derby ( a )..............0-0
Bristol C ( a )..........1-3
Forest ( h )..............2-2
Brentford ( h ).........1-1
Ipswich ( a )...........0-0
Newc ( h )................1-1
Barnsley ( a ).......... 1-1
Preston ( a ).............0-2

One win, seven draws and three defeats on the face of it doesn't look too good but they have had some tricky fixtures.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I always had my doubts about RDM, I think that if you stay out of the game too long like he did you can lose your touch and lose your contacts.

He went out and bought a new team stuffed with proven Championship quality but couldn't make it happen.

Football logic dictates Steve Bruce is the right appointment but I desperately hopefully the Villa chairman will compound the problems with a foreign manager with no experience of British football. If he lands Bruce then getting Villa up this season will probably be too tall an order but next season with Newcastle and Norwich out of the way Villa may be well placed to kick on. We need another sh1te appointment to rule them out of the game for next season too.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I always had my doubts about RDM, I think that if you stay out of the game too long like he did you can lose your touch and lose your contacts.

He went out and bought a new team stuffed with proven Championship quality but couldn't make it happen.

Football logic dictates Steve Bruce is the right appointment but I desperately hopefully the Villa chairman will compound the problems with a foreign manager with no experience of British football. If he lands Bruce then getting Villa up this season will probably be too tall an order but next season with Newcastle and Norwich out of the way Villa may be well placed to kick on. We need another sh1te appointment to rule them out of the game for next season too.

Why? We're going up this season.:thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I too can see Villa dropping straight through the championship this season, abject side from what I've seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here