Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I did put this on the Michael Oliver thread….should really have posted it here….seeing RDZ joining in with the fans on the VAR countdown, makes me chuckle….find his pre/post match interviews entertaining and what hes done for the team is magical

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And when that happens he will take his coaching team with him. That is likely to include Adam Lallana, if I’m reading the ‘second father’ interviews correctly. I hope people will be better emotionally prepared this time for the wholesale departure of non Albion fan employees.
Unlikely. Lallana is contracted as a player so attracts a transfer fee currently. Once out of contract he could theoretically go anywhere.

However, his kid is in Southampton’s academy which is why he splits time between Bournemouth and Hove. Can’t see him moving abroad or away from the South Coast. Next step is a coaching job with us.

I did put this on the Michael Oliver thread….should really have posted it here….seeing RDZ joining in with the fans on the VAR countdown, makes me chuckle….find his pre/post match interviews entertaining and what hes done for the team is magical

Just seen this and just sums up Roberto🤣🤣

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
One of Roberto's friends, just put this tweet out. Looks good!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230403-205752~2.png
    Screenshot_20230403-205752~2.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 91

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We need to believe that we can until we mathematically can’t. There’s a quarter of the season left

Why do we need to believe it? I prefer to believe that we can't. I'm loving the football we're playing (as I know most people are - except Dougie) and if we finish top half, but not in Europe, I'll see it as another amazing season. If I allowed myself to start dreaming of CL, finishing 9th would suddenly feel a bit rubbish.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

“De Zerbi has already trained at Inter. How he plays, what he prefers, now they can also find him a home in Milan. Too bad he only has one thing in mind: Brighton 2023-2024! @OfficialBHAFC 🇬🇧 #dezerbi”

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
There is something in my mind that says that managing big squads of megastars shooting for the big prizes is qualitatively different from managing a fine group of wannabees. That's where Sassuolo were at, arguably Shaktar (in European sense) but never got off base, and now Brighton.

You can be a disruptor, a chancer, a risk-taker, have a longer period to experiment, in a way that you can't at PL top 6, Real, Bayern, Inter etc. where expectation of owners is higher and patience thinner. RDZ will go to one of these in medium-term but I wonder whether he will be as successful.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I assume that says he wants to remain here.
De Zerbi has already trained at Inter. How he plays, what he prefers, now they can also find him a home in Milan. Too bad he only has one thing in mind: Brighton 2023-2024! @OfficialBHAFC 🇬🇧 #dezerbi

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy

“De Zerbi has already trained at Inter. How he plays, what he prefers, now they can also find him a home in Milan. Too bad he only has one thing in mind: Brighton 2023-2024! @OfficialBHAFC 🇬🇧 #dezerbi”
Correct, although obviously Google Translate messed up the first part of the sentence - no idea why they'd translate it with "has already trained there". It actually says "At Inter, they've already made a formation for De Zerbi". It's hard to understand whether the tone is ironic or serious, anyway the general sense of the tweet is that despite Inter and its fans grovelling for him, he has no interest in them and is only thinking about the Brighton project.

Why do we need to believe it? I prefer to believe that we can't. I'm loving the football we're playing (as I know most people are - except Dougie) and if we finish top half, but not in Europe, I'll see it as another amazing season. If I allowed myself to start dreaming of CL, finishing 9th would suddenly feel a bit rubbish.
Ah, it's a very Italian sentiment lol. Although when you are in the comfort of your own team's forum you can also dare to dream a bit more. I have no trouble saying that I dream of winning the title this year even if I know it's 100% impossible, and it's even nearly impossible that we finish in the top 4 in Serie A. I won't be disappointed if we don't because I'll still know how improbable it was. But if you're not mathematically out of it, you don't have to hide your dreams (which are not "expectations".)

He was a (lazy) #10, I sure hope he knows how to shoot even if he's a bit more round around the belly :lolol:

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
It's odd that both stories went out at similar times; that RDZ wasn't interested in Chelsea and that Chelsea aren't interested in RDZ. I kind of wonder if Chelsea were interested in speaking to him and were told no, hence the stuff about Chelsea respecting Bloom and Barber etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here