Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Remember all those games under Potter when we played really well for 45 minutes, didn't score but should have and were then found out in the second half? There were tons of them.

Today he would have said "keep it going lads, you've got them" and swapped Solly and Gross into each other's postions.

RDZ sticks to his guns. Press on the right triggers, draw the press from them, move it forward at speed using one touch where you can and we come out firing harder than in the first half and score within a minute, being better in the second half than we were in the first.

It's not the only difference but it's a big one.
It wasn't very long ago you could pick and choose where you wanted a ticket for a home game

Now, lucky if you can get one, anywhere.

I don't suppose there'll be any 1901 seats for sale for a while. Well maybe a few Chelsea/Liverpool fans may chop em in. 😂

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It wasn't very long ago you could pick and choose where you wanted a ticket for a home game

Now, lucky if you can get one, anywhere.

I don't suppose there'll be any 1901 seats for sale for a while. Well maybe a few Chelsea/Liverpool fans may chop em in. 😂
WSU packed today. My mate was trying to get his daughter a ticket 10 days ago and there was nothing. Even the seat next to me that's normally empty had a Brighton supporting 'arris on it.

Newcastle's the same apparently. A Toon mate of ours cannot get home tickets for love nor money.

De Zerbi's taken basic Potterball and cranked it up to 11.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting attire today.

A Slazenger anorak during the game...

... and one from (Italian company) Kway post-match.

Doubt Nike will be pleased!

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Didn't know where else to post my apology to Roberto.

I saw that he'd dropped Veltman and thought he'd lost it (Like sticking Lamptey at right back for Arsenal). Put our best defender in against Liverpool ffs. Not Gross, who will get shredded.

I was very wrong. I won't doubt you again Bobby. Keep Zerbing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really excited, great news.

Edit - still know very little about him, but like Italian football, and trust some NSC opinions.
Not about this post particularly, but shout out to those who knew about RdZ and gave their insight at the start of the thread.

Still like Italian football as well, and really like RdZ 😃

The passion he shows is what football should be about for me.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
March also revealed the unique way De Zerbi has gone about connecting with his players.

“He sends some of the lads texts at 1am with clips showing them what they can do better,” he said.

“I’ve not had one yet and don’t want one waking me up – my wife wouldn’t be happy!”

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Hah slazenger is literally the cheapest sports brand in the world. I noticed that one too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Pointed that out to Bobkin Jnr when we watched the MoTD highlights (needless to say he'd never heard of it/seen the logo before). Interesting choice of top!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Didn't know where else to post my apology to Roberto.

I saw that he'd dropped Veltman and thought he'd lost it (Like sticking Lamptey at right back for Arsenal). Put our best defender in against Liverpool ffs. Not Gross, who will get shredded.

I was very wrong. I won't doubt you again Bobby. Keep Zerbing.
Actually, was a mistake to start Lamptey against Arsenal; he was at fault for 1st and 4th goals. Also bringing on Enciso for Lallana against Villa, then taking him off for Veltman who should have come on for Lallana. What was that all about? But, hey, he is great; filling difficult shoes and making a difference.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Potter was given an upgraded bazillion year contract after just a few months in the role.
Based on the schedule on another thread that De Zerbi is on the lowest salary in the Premier League, when should he get a big upgrade in his contract?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Potter was given an upgraded bazillion year contract after just a few months in the role.
Based on the schedule on another thread that De Zerbi is on the lowest salary in the Premier League, when should he get a big upgrade in his contract?
Maybe he feels a 4 year contract is enough? He's pretty ambitious if you old interviews from Shakhtar & Italy so might see himself in a top club in 4 years time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe he feels a 4 year contract is enough? He's pretty ambitious if you old interviews from Shakhtar & Italy so might see himself in a top club in 4 years time.
4 years? I think I’ll be happy with two if he continues like he’s started. I’ll be forever scarred by Potter leaving so quickly when it looked like he was in it for the long haul having only started to fulfil the potential that had been apparent for a while. Loyalty? Pah

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Absolutely disgraceful. Was bad enough with Hughton but this is unacceptable. Get rid.

Hughton preferred the fists and forklift technique, but this guy went to the school of energetically stamping and flailing about. More data is required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here