Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Excellent appointment, how long till a certain person advises he must be tin tacked like he did for Potter ?

They’ll be an article soon stating that if we wanted to show true ambition, we’d have got Pochettino in. He’ll start the ‘De Zerbi Out Campaign’ if/when we drop out of the top 10 with lots of noise about ‘going backwards’. The good news is, as with his ‘Potter Out Campaign’, he’ll be largely ignored.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In the Times tomorrow:

“Juventus were looking at appointing Roberto de Zerbi if they sacked Max Allegri, and wanted to hijack Brighton's move for the Italian manager.”

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
In the Times tomorrow:

“Juventus were looking at appointing Roberto de Zerbi if they sacked Max Allegri, and wanted to hijack Brighton's move for the Italian manager.”
And the times will know this how ..... .?

Journalism in this country even at a broadsheet level is at an all time low !

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
So there are 2 camps - a lot of general opinion is that this is a great appointment. There is also an undercurrent on NSC that says he sticks rigidly to a style of play which will get destroyed in the PL.

What to think ?

I'll be optimistic that the former are correct - but please don't let him be a Hyypia.

I suspect that 'rigid style' thing is people doing about 8 minutes of research on YouTube and watching that video on here of his Shakhtar team, a team in a two club league, playing slow passing against smaller opposition in Ukraine. That's how it would work there as every team would be set up to block them. At Sassuolo they were more often underdogs who would play a higher tempo game and were able to beat the press of teams like Juve, Napoli and Lazio.

Either way, leave it to his ex player Pedro Obiang who said of De Zerbi "“He’s more than a coach,” Sassuolo’s Pedro Obiang told Forza Italian Football in an exclusive interview in April. “He tries to be a teacher and that’s why we change formation a lot. “He always says that ‘I don’t like to just give you guys one possibility, I want to give you more and then, on the pitch, you can decide how we play’. Other players study us, so we know we have to change."

Doesn't sound like a rigid coach to me.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
De Zerbi is a wonderful appointment. I’ve watched all the YouTube tactical videos and he fits the brief incredibly well. I cannot wait to see where we go with him in charge. Very exciting.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
“He tries to be a teacher and that’s why we change formation a lot. “He always says that ‘I don’t like to just give you guys one possibility, I want to give you more and then, on the pitch, you can decide how we play’. Other players study us, so we know we have to change.".

Love this.

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They’ll be an article soon stating that if we wanted to show true ambition, we’d have got Pochettino in. He’ll start the ‘De Zerbi Out Campaign’ if/when we drop out of the top 10 with lots of noise about ‘going backwards’. The good news is, as with his ‘Potter Out Campaign’, he’ll be largely ignored.

Evening squire. To which of the lads I have on ignore are you referring?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And the times will know this how ..... .?

Journalism in this country even at a broadsheet level is at an all time low !

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Unlike after timing on a football forum.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nervous times for club bringing someone in with no experience of PL. So much involved apart from coaching. Retaining players we want is important and under Potter all would have felt club is going forward. His relations with players will be vital and this will be easier if his English is good. So disappointing Bruno is not here as could have been assistant head coach and helped him through early stages.

In contrast to Potter....

And Bruno being fluent in Italian.

Apart from that....can I have a lick of your lovely lolly?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Ohh Roberto is magic
He wears the magic hat
He could’ve went to Juve
But he said no **** that
He came to manage Brighton
The famous blue and white
And when we reach the conference league, we’ll sing this song all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wonder whether getting him to sign the contract now (subject to work permit), and announce it now, was to stop the potential move to Juve.
He’s managed a team in the Champions League so can’t see that getting a work permit for him or his staff is an issue.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We need a pre-season friendly against Shakhtar and to promote it as the De Zerbi Derby.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here