Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Tough start - I admire him for taking the job, knowing, as I’m sure he does, of the challenges ahead. I’m convinced our upcoming fixtures helped tip the scales for Graham, knowing, as I’m sure he did, that his stock might not quite be so high as the WC approached...

Welcome to or fantastic club, Roberto - I wish you luck and good fortune in the weeks to come.

I urge all to keep the faith and give him a chance to create his own style and legacy.

Albion.

Chris36d

Banned
Sep 9, 2022
looks like a gamble to me, will have to do more research but nothing so far has me saying wow only why him?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Great appointment.

Here’s a song, to the tune of Just One Cornetto (O sole mio)

Just one de Zerbi
From Italy
He came to Sussex
By the Sea
He’s with the Albion
The goals will flow
Robbo de Zerbi
Magnifico!

Vado a prendermi il cappotto
(I'll get me coat, for those who can't be bothered with Google Translate :lolol:)

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
looks like a gamble to me, will have to do more research but nothing so far has me saying wow only why him?

epic-facepalm (1).gif

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Top level experience including Champions League, football philosophy that fits in with "the project", big success with a smaller team, instantly available and able to bring in a team of coaches that we need after being asset stripped. Probably not breaking the bank either.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I saw on twitter earlier a song that started -

Gimme Gimme Gimme Roberto De Zerbi

cant remember the rest :lolol:

keeps the Abba theme going

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Top level experience including Champions League, football philosophy that fits in with "the project", big success with a smaller team, instantly available and able to bring in a team of coaches that we need after being asset stripped. Probably not breaking the bank either.

Yeah….but apart from that :whistle:

It isn’t a gamble at all, but if any PL owner is going to take a gamble, any ideas who might be that bloke ? :D:D

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Just pulled my Albion mojo back above sea level. Do not know him from a hole in the ground, but brings the opportunity of young manager who could develop into world class. Cleary he appears to have been the first choice which bodes well. Nothing guaranteed, ever, but there is hope. Now we move and can look forward again. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here