Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Pleased to have someone in place. It’s a very “us” appointment. Does he speak English?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nervous times for club bringing someone in with no experience of PL. So much involved apart from coaching. Retaining players we want is important and under Potter all would have felt club is going forward. His relations with players will be vital and this will be easier if his English is good. So disappointing Bruno is not here as could have been assistant head coach and helped him through early stages.

Agree re Bruno, but this is very exciting and I believe a really good appointment

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We eat antipasti twice,
Just because he is so nice,
Rob de Zerbi

And we'll score a bunch of goals,
Whether away or at home,
Rob de Zerbi

Ti volgiamo be-ne
We adore you
E vogliamo be-ne
Roberto we live for you

As much as I appreciate and applaud the effort this is going to have to be taken up by young people in the North Stand who might not be 100% sober.

I reckon we'll end up with

De Zerbi
Whoa-ooo
De Zerbi
Whoa-ooo
He came from Italy
To Sussex by the Sea

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I hope you are all ready to take a few steps back before we go forward again.

I cannot see our early season from continuing, especially given our upcoming games.

NSC is going to be interesting if we lose a few over the next couple of months

I think you are missing the 'New Manager Bounce', I'm expecting nothing less than 3 points at Anfield!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If this is who Tony wants, that’s good enough for me.
Exciting appointment.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Potter had no experience of anything better than 10th in the Championship. This chap has managed in Serie A and the Champions League!

At the end of the day, I suspect most of us know as much (or as little) about Roberto De Zerbi as we knew (or didn't) about Graham Potter three and a bit years ago. Still disappointed (and not a little narked) that GP didn't stay to finish 'the project' but, to use a phrase that has more than enough resonance at the present time, The King is dead, long live The King.

It will take De Zerbi a bit of time to adjust, to be sure. It'll take a bit of time for some of us too! Let's just see what he can do.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Got a mate who is a Chelsea STH....reckons he's...gonna be their next manager!!

monty-python-applause.gif

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
As much as I appreciate and applaud the effort this is going to have to be taken up by young people in the North Stand who might not be 100% sober.

De Zerbi
Whoa-ooo
De Zerbi
Whoa-ooo
He came from Italy
To Sussex by the Sea

I even conjugated the Italian verbs to ensure it made sense and I've had more than a few beers plus a negroni :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
"Interesting".. or pathetic as some would say... as often, when a team lose. Given the quality of the opposition I only expect about 60% to be De Zerbi Out when October is done..

Seeing as your physical appearance is very similar to RDZ, I’d keep your head down when the campaign gets started!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He has a steep learning curve ahead. I would advise everyone to remember our 4th position in the Premiership fondly....we may not see it again for some time.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So there are 2 camps - a lot of general opinion is that this is a great appointment. There is also an undercurrent on NSC that says he sticks rigidly to a style of play which will get destroyed in the PL.

What to think ?

I'll be optimistic that the former are correct - but please don't let him be a Hyypia.

Last edited:

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022

De Zerbi
Whoa-ooo
De Zerbi
Whoa-ooo
He came from Italy
To Sussex by the Sea

Why not use the Bissouma song - that sounded great on TV.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Oscar Garcia’s song would work with a few changes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here