Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Sanchez has been a right 🔔 end. Good riddance to him. See how long it takes him to get pissed off being on Chelsea’s bench.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Aside from that Palace one last season, has there been that many clangers?? For every clanger there was probably 50 high balls he claimed, just that when a mistake is made claiming a high ball it invariably leads to a clear chance for the opposition.

Maybe my memory is bad but I don’t remember that many :shrug: or are people just saying that because he’s left? Steele also made a few clangers last season, I think people forget all goalkeepers make mistakes.

Good move for all parties.
I'm inclined to agree. There isn't a keeper that hasn't at least made one blunder like that so I don't recognize the comments others have made about his declining standards. For me though, abandoning your team mates at a crucial time of the season and not redeeming yourself is the worst 'crime'.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We decided together, the best solution was to stay home - Not such an attention grabbing Headline

Roberto De Zerbi says Robert Sanchez is not currently part of Brighton’s first-team plans because the goalkeeper “wanted it this way”. “He decides everything. Robert decides and at the moment it’s like this. He wanted it this way, not me, not the club.” - Too Long For a Headline

Probably why the editor went for the one they did
:wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Aside from that Palace one last season, has there been that many clangers?? For every clanger there was probably 50 high balls he claimed, just that when a mistake is made claiming a high ball it invariably leads to a clear chance for the opposition.

Maybe my memory is bad but I don’t remember that many :shrug: or are people just saying that because he’s left? Steele also made a few clangers last season, I think people forget all goalkeepers make mistakes.

Good move for all parties.
Vitriol is because of how he has acted (or believed to have acted - the full truth won’t be apparent to most of us but he’s clearly been a bit of a tit regardless). He doesn’t/didn’t make any more or fewer mistakes than the vast majority of keepers. The absolute howler at Palace would have been easily forgiven if one or two of our other players had been able to hit a cow’s arse with a banjo that day.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Roberto De Zerbi says Robert Sanchez is not currently part of Brighton’s first-team plans because the goalkeeper “wanted it this way”. “He decides everything. Robert decides and at the moment it’s like this. He wanted it this way, not me, not the club.” - Too Long For a Headline

Probably why the editor went for the one they did
:wink:
If I could reply in even bigger and bolder text I would have tried to respond with something cogent.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm inclined to agree. There isn't a keeper that hasn't at least made one blunder like that so I don't recognize the comments others have made about his declining standards. For me though, abandoning your team mates at a crucial time of the season and not redeeming yourself is the worst 'crime'.
Have a look at the video in post 998.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think RDZ demands above all else that players buy in to his coaching and tactics. Seems fairly obvious big Bob didn’t do that, as RDZ grew increasingly frustrated at elements of his distribution. Doesn’t mean he won’t do well somewhere else but fully Team RDZ on this
Do you not think any manager would demand the same?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yet, you still have plenty to say about it. As the departed Potter would say, it is what it is.
I don't really have that much to say, I just keep saying it, over and over and over again, people keep quoting me so you get to see it all twice too.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have a look at the video in post 998.
That spans a few years (hence the empty stands) and includes many that weren't his fault). If they were all in the first half of last season then I'd be inclined to agree about the decline.

The Fulham game was, I believe, 2020/21 season!!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Despite all of the issues highlighted, I will still remember him for that majestic rise in the box to collect a Liverpool corner at the end of the game to record our first win at Anfield for a long while. Let's not forget the good bits.

1691239454350.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still nothing on the clubs websites, is it official?
Despite all of the issues highlighted, I will still remember him for that majestic rise in the box to collect a Liverpool corner at the end of the game to record our first win at Anfield for a long while. Let's not forget the good bits.

View attachment 164487
Until his childish strop I was a big fan. He is a very good keeper who hasn’t got the ball skills to play the way RDZ wants his keeper to play. Other than that he’s a top keeper. As long as Poch doesn’t want a player who is excellent not just good with his feet he will be challenging for the no 1 spot at Chelsea.

We might get the opportunity to give him a good Panto booing. Be interesting to see if it inspires him or destroys him….

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

View attachment 164487
Absolutely, and let’s not forget regardless of how some of us feel about the end with us, he remains an exceptional talent.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Do you not think any manager would demand the same?
I'm pretty sure most managers just send players out to run around and do what they see fit at the time.
Then at half time they tell a few jokes, have a natter about what happened on corrie the night before, and pass around some gala pie.
Really laid back and chilled out lads, those football managers.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Until his childish strop I was a big fan. He is a very good keeper who hasn’t got the ball skills to play the way RDZ wants his keeper to play. Other than that he’s a top keeper. As long as Poch doesn’t want a player who is excellent not just good with his feet he will be challenging for the no 1 spot at Chelsea.

We might get the opportunity to give him a good Panto booing. Be interesting to see if it inspires him or destroys him….
Depends if he’s awake enough to notice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here