Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Put in perspective we're getting similar for him as we got for Trossard. Decent deal, but obviously includes the Boehly Idiocy Tax. Over £100m for a LB we upgraded, a manager we upgraded and a third choice keeper. Kerching :)

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
So. Farewell then
Bobby Sanchez.

You kept goal
For the Albion
With no little aplomb.

You used to be
called Lynch,
which is what
some fans wanted
to do to you.

Now you've gone to
the club that
defines the grotesequeness
of modern football.

A rotten club
For a dirty Sanchez.
Adios.

EJ Peppermint-Thribb (17.5 along time ago)

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
It's all very well to nit-pick to suit your own opinion - so I'm going to, too.

He very rarely showed any emotion. There was always something about that that never made me feel completely happy with him. Everything contained within that icy exterior, and when it showed itself, it was in a massive strop. Same with Trossard. I hope Adringa proves my cod-psychology theory wrong.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good luck to him, he’ll be benchwarming at the Bridge but on a nice fat salary. Decent keeper and not prone to as many mistakes as some on here keep claiming imo, shame how things have turned out for him here.
Completely agree.

One big error, but generally very good.

Plenty of players make errors (bad passes) during a game…..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought he showed great potential and could still be a top class keeper. Not as good as some with his feet and prone to the occasional lapse/error but still only young with time to learn.

After being at the Albion for nearly 10 years, he chose to make himself unavailable for selection during the most important run of games in our history, leaving a rookie to cover, and luckily we got away with it. Very Poor show, whatever the reasons.

I thought that with so much of the window gone, with little news, that we might end up trying to find a loan deal to cover his wages.

So another £25M from Todd, the fun of seeing whether Big Bob or Kepa is the biggest drama queen, and another reason to Boo at the Chelsea match. In my best Alan Bennett voice 'It's turned out nice again' :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I can only think of 3 players we’ve signed for £20 million or more. Webster, Bart and Joao Pedro. Some reports have Mwepu at over £20 million but that would have made him our record signing at the time and there was zero fanfare if he was.
Thought Bart was 17m (and pretty sure that was denominated in Euros too).

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Only 10m less than world cup winner McAllister. Great potential, but that fumble against Palace when not even challenged makes me think the occasional lapse maybe there throughout his career. First views of the new keeper have been very encouraging.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's all very well to nit-pick to suit your own opinion - so I'm going to, too.

He very rarely showed any emotion. There was always something about that that never made me feel completely happy with him. Everything contained within that icy exterior, and when it showed itself, it was in a massive strop. Same with Trossard. I hope Adringa proves my cod-psychology theory wrong.
Remarked on it often enough on here, but Big Bob's thousand-yard-stare always worried me. Never looked to me like he was fully switched on and living in the moment. He's a bit of a strange one, has to be said

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Wasn’t it £40m that Brentford wanted for Raya? One if the most highly rated keepers in the league. And so far most clubs have said f*** off we’re not paying that!!! So with the add ons and a sell on percentage if we get near £30m for Sanchez I think we’ve done alright. I know Raya only has a year left on his contract, but doesn’t Sanchez only have 2…

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Wasn’t it £40m that Brentford wanted for Raya? One if the most highly rated keepers in the league. And so far most clubs have said f*** off we’re not paying that!!! So with the add ons and a sell on percentage if we get near £30m for Sanchez I think we’ve done alright. I know Raya only has a year left on his contract, but doesn’t Sanchez only have 2…
£30m? Where did you get that from? Just now it was £20mill + £5mill add-ons and suddenly now it’s £30mill???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here