[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It was, and still is to De Zerbi, one gets the feeling that he isn't a man to be messed with, almost as soon as Trossard started playing the big l am and thinking he was bigger than the club, De Zerbi wanted him gone.

To a large extent with RDZ, it's either his way, or the high way.
Exactly how it should be imo.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Liverpool - Alisson (No chance)
Man Utd - De Gea (unlikely)
Arsenal - Ramsdale (No chance)
Spurs - Guglielmo ( just signed so no chance)
Chelsea - Kepa (possible although unlikely)
West Ham - Fabiański ( unlikely as they are looking to sign another keeper who isn’t Sanchez)
Aston Villa - Martínez ( no chance)
Brentford - Raya (Zero chance unless they sell Raya and then a possible)
Everton - Pickford (No chance)
Newcastle - Pope ( zero chance)
Man City - Don’t be silly

As for the rest all a maybe although so far no interest as far as we know.
Personally some on here have vastly over rated Sanchez and he would struggle to dislodge any of the above.
I think in hindsight Bob wishes he hadn’t thrown a strop as it hasn’t really worked out for him

My outside hunch is Raya ends up at West Ham and big Bob goes to Brentford

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I think in hindsight Bob wishes he hadn’t thrown a strop as it hasn’t really worked out for him

My outside hunch is Raya ends up at West Ham and big Bob goes to Brentford
I’d smirk if so after they sang “you’re just a shit David Raya” at him after our 2-0 loss away. To be fair, he had a crap game and Raya made a couple of worldies that night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mainly I'm defending him against the idiots now blabbing that he was no good anyway, couldn't collect crosses or command his area, gave me kittens every time the ball came near him bollocks.
I also think that when he was recalled for those two matches, including Wembley, in which he didn't put a foot wrong (OK, he didn't save a penalty - but neither did de Gea!) he might well have thought he was still the no.1 GK, had had his wake up call and had done enough to win his place back - only to be thrown under the bus (in his view at least) by RDZ. Personally I think he has a point there.
Others may - and obviously do - disagree.
I think maybe 5% have said he wasn’t much good in fairness, most are just pissed off with him sulking and downing tools. He will regret this one day I’m sure as he was a big part of how we’ve done in the last two seasons. The fact he didn’t join in the end of season celebrations is pretty sad imo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think maybe 5% have said he wasn’t much good in fairness, most are just pissed off with him sulking and downing tools. He will regret this one day I’m sure as he was a big part of how we’ve done in the last two seasons. The fact he didn’t join in the end of season celebrations is pretty sad imo.
5%? You're having a giraffe! It's been rampant! Yes, not joining in the end of season celebrations is sad - sad he's needing to find a way out of the club that he has enjoyed being at and been a success for so long.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Mainly I'm defending him against the idiots now blabbing that he was no good anyway, couldn't collect crosses or command his area, gave me kittens every time the ball came near him bollocks.
I also think that when he was recalled for those two matches, including Wembley, in which he didn't put a foot wrong (OK, he didn't save a penalty - but neither did de Gea!) he might well have thought he was still the no.1 GK, had had his wake up call and had done enough to win his place back - only to be thrown under the bus (in his view at least) by RDZ. Personally I think he has a point there.
Others may - and obviously do - disagree.
Except you can’t argue with RDZ he made a big call and we finished top 6.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
5%? You're having a giraffe! It's been rampant! Yes, not joining in the end of season celebrations is sad - sad he's needing to find a way out of the club that he has enjoyed being at and been a success for so long.
and it has to be said, the club that has made him into a Premier League goalkeeper. No respect, that's the sad thing too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah, just a noisy minority banging on about it as he is the easiest target for a bit of online slagging. Dont confuse a dozen posters egging each other on as "rampant".
Well, those dozen posters (if indeed that's all there are - I'm not convinced!) are certainly going rampant!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've been a big fan of his for many seasons and was convinced he was dropped for a brief spell to help focus on improving in a couple of areas. However the final 3 months of the season I realised not many of the Brighton fans I speak to were keen to see him return as number 1.

Steele has been almost perfect Andi's a very safe option for us. Sanchez now has an additional keeper in Verbruggen to try and dislodge if he is ever to play for us again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports