Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sanchez and his pathetic, gigantic, bench-kryptonite ego has been the one and only sour note of what has been by far the greatest season in our 122 year history.

Despite a few rickets, I really liked him as a keeper. Commanding, imposing, brave. But he can take his rancid stinking attitude elsewhere and DO one. I'm genuinely surprised and disappointed that he turned out to be an utter dickhead.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think that’s nonsense - sorry Stat.

It’s not about hatred at all. IMO Sanchez has proved to be a bit of a pillock currently, and his alleged behaviour was disappointing. That can’t be supported surely.
He hasn’t become a bad player, just a Wally.

As for his predecessor, personally I never rated him anyway, though appreciate you did.
That's my point he hasn't become a bad player and yet suddenly, he was shite at claiming crosses, kicking and stopping the ball!!

Assuming, it is an internal matter of which nobody knows the facts, (granted I'd be amazed if 2+2 doesn't equal 4 on this one) he has made a decision detrimental to the club, that's between him and them, and very little to do with what had happened on the pitch.
Quite how anyone can write 'he never made a great save' is mind-blowing.

We don't get into Europe without Sanchez, in much the same way we don't stay in the EPL without Stephen's, Ryan, Propper, Duffy et al and none of them could kick a ball. We don't move above palace without Maupay's goals, yet he could never score.

If Dunk singed for palace tomorrow by Monday he'd be no loss because 'all his own goals' & 'not a leader'

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's my point he hasn't become a bad player and yet suddenly, he was shite at claiming crosses, kicking and stopping the ball!!

Assuming, it is an internal matter of which nobody knows the facts, (granted I'd be amazed if 2+2 doesn't equal 4 on this one) he has made a decision detrimental to the club, that's between him and them, and very little to do with what had happened on the pitch.

We don't get into Europe without Sanchez, in much the same way we don't stay in the EPL without Stephen's, Ryan, Propper, Duffy et al and none of them could kick a ball. We don't move above palace without Maupay's goals, yet he could never score.

If Dunk singed for palace tomorrow by Monday he'd be no loss because 'all his own goals' & 'not a leader'
Don’t disagree with any of the above, but it’s still not hatred.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Been busy playing doubles this afternoon with Welbz, the Ox and Andy Robertson
He's now been doing some training with Welbz (and others? Couldn't see who in my phone screen).

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
He's now been doing some training with Welbz (and others? Couldn't see who in my phone screen).

Saw that. The intensity of the post would suggest he wants people to know he's working hard. He's still a young lad and could be some of the more seasoned pros, all of whom have been dropped at some point or another, had a few chats with him over the summer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like Danny Welbecks brother is a agent for those players so presumably arranged it for them all

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Man Utd?

Brighton goalkeeper Robert Sanchez has emerged as a potential target for Manchester United.​
The 25-year old has fallen out of favour under Roberto de Zerbi, who has made Jason Steele his number one, and he is likely to fall further down the pecking order following Monday's confirmation that they are signing Bart Verbruggen from Anderlecht for £16.3m.​
Sanchez has been one of the most consistent performers in the Premier League, is a good passer of the ball - which Erik ten Hag wants - and kept a clean sheet against United for 120 minutes of their FA Cup semi-final.​

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Man Utd?

Brighton goalkeeper Robert Sanchez has emerged as a potential target for Manchester United.​
The 25-year old has fallen out of favour under Roberto de Zerbi, who has made Jason Steele his number one, and he is likely to fall further down the pecking order following Monday's confirmation that they are signing Bart Verbruggen from Anderlecht for £16.3m.​
Sanchez has been one of the most consistent performers in the Premier League, is a good passer of the ball - which Erik ten Hag wants - and kept a clean sheet against United for 120 minutes of their FA Cup semi-final.​

Two big egos, so plausible

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Man Utd?

I think United will have their sights set higher for a number one and won't want to pay the fee for him to be number two.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I like Sanchez, but feel it’s probably best that he moves on. Every player has to accept that it’s the manager that picks the team, and be ready to take their place when needed.

I understand him being disappointed at not playing, but his reaction has not been a professional one, and reflects poorly on him.

If Manchester United want him, then I thank him for his performances in an Albion shirt (bar that one at Palace) and wish him well for the future. He was great for us under Potter, but clearly didn’t react well to Ben Roberts and Potter leaving, and didn’t develop in the way De Zerbi needed him to. Time for a fresh start all-round.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
We don't move above palace without Maupay's goals, yet he could never score.
Hey Stat, while I pretty much fully agree with your sentiment, I don't think I was ever confident that Maupay would put the ball into the net when he got the chance and was pleased when he left. For me he regularly reopened that memory from decades ago that left us all heartbroken.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It wasn't long ago, just a couple of weeks,
He got in trouble, yeah, pretty deep.
De Zerbi was yellin'.
Crofts was too,
Because he got dropped and the toys he threw,
Punishment time, in the air lurks gloom,
Sitting by himself, confined, boot-room!
When all else fails, nothin' else left to do,
He turns to Man United, so he can feel the groove.

But I'm here today to introduce the next phase,
The next step in our new Bart craze.
He’s got a talent real easy to see;
He learned it in the lowlands, and he’s eager to please.

Everybody, if you can, do the Bartman.
Oh, yeah!
Shake your body, turn it out if you can, man.
Shake yo' body!
Front to the back, to the side if you can, can.
Huh!
Everybody in the house do the Bartman.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

While I agree with you, it would be wrong of me to not mention, in passing, that had my mum been in possession of a two bouncy undercracker vegetables and a shiny helmet, she would of been my dad. And I use the 'of' advisedly ???

:wink:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It wasn't long ago, just a couple of weeks,
He got in trouble, yeah, pretty deep.
De Zerbi was yellin'.
Crofts was too,
Because he got dropped and the toys he threw,
Punishment time, in the air lurks gloom,
Sitting by himself, confined, boot-room!
When all else fails, nothin' else left to do,
He turns to Man United, so he can feel the groove.

But I'm here today to introduce the next phase,
The next step in our new Bart craze.
He’s got a talent real easy to see;
He learned it in the lowlands, and he’s eager to please.

Everybody, if you can, do the Bartman.
Oh, yeah!
Shake your body, turn it out if you can, man.
Shake yo' body!
Front to the back, to the side if you can, can.
Huh!
Everybody in the house do the Bartman.
Your not a poet
and you know it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That’s just not going to happen. Think it will be less than ten mill and could see him going to Utd as a back up keeper.
In January there was talk of £50 million! We would be absolutely insane to let an international keeper under contract go for less than £10 million.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here